Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

SK 170 Kobelco mark 3 wiring issue

JMC74 ยท 2018-06-14 21:32

Desperately need a book for this thing. Dealer claims they are not available as this is a CNH version from 2009. Has Fiat iveco engine Anyway, they gave me a wiring diagram froma later model so im not sure its even right. So the issue is this: It just died after coming back from lunch today. Lost all power in cab. 20a switch relay blows when switch is turned to acc (first turn) When I remove switch and ohm out it seems to operate correctly. Blue / white wire is acc wire and when tested it is 0 ohms (short) to ground. According to schematics that wire only goes to 4 fuses - radio, cigarette lighter, converter and horn. I removed the horn relay and it cranked but died about 3 seconds after cranking and then the Short was back. I cut the acc wire completely and of course it doesn't work at all but it also doesn't blow the fuse. I'm assuming the converter does a lot since the computer, etc runs off of that. Am i right and thinking converter is bad or am i barking up wrong tree?? Dealer here is a few days out. So im trying to figure it out before that. Thanks!

Replies2
  1. #1tool_king2018-06-15 08:35

    I should have a book a electrical schmatic on it I can email you . Thanks Ed

  2. #2JMC742018-06-15 16:56

    Thanks! That would help a bunch! We did find issue. Emergency stop relay was shorted to ground. Wire up near injection pump had a bare spot. But i would still love to get ahold of a wiring diagram. Thanks!