Hello!!Professionals!! SK135-1 Arm and swing movement is worse only when the front attachment is operated. To be precise, the movement slows down for about 1 second after the operation. Otherwise there is no problem. The front attachment is operated by a solenoid valve, not a foot pedal. IMG_5396.MOV drive.google.com
Hello Sir What type of attachment is being operated ? Do you have or can you supply pictures and a description of how the attachment is connected to the machines main control valve? What functions are not working normally when the attachment is being operated? Kind regards
Link permissions have been updated. Can I view it? IMG_5396.MOV drive.google.com Attachment is equipped with a forestry grapple. The grapple is connected to the option2 port on the P2 side (LEFT TRAVEL / SWING / ARM ). It is a one way so called breaker piping. Pilot pressure is controlled by a solenoid valve. After operating the attachment, ARM&SWING is extremely slow. After about 1 second (after the bypass cut solenoid is released) it returns to normal speed. It is running during attachment operation. Today I noticed that if I operate the arm or SWING lightly while operating the attachment only, the movement of the attachment accelerates. When I disconnected the coupler on the P2 side of the “309” of the hydrauliccircuit, the attachment stopped working. However, when the ARM or SWING is lightly operated, the attachment works. I suspect the check valve on “CP2(512)” & “LCO2”.
Try checking on the monitor that SE11 - P2 option sensor is detecting the pilot signal when the machine operates the attachment via its solenoid control and that the machine is set in attachment mode. Kind regards
SE-11 P OPTION Pressure sensor No15_P1P2Option_Pressure.MOV drive.google.com P-2 BY-PAS CUT SOLENOID No21_P2CUT_SOLENOID.MOV drive.google.com I did not know how to check the attachment mode. Could you please tell me? Thank you very much.
here is some information in regards to setting attachment mode for breaker or nibbler. I would suggest trying the machine in nibble mode by switching the conflux switch over. I have also attached information regarding the language change for the screen display if by chance this is not set in the language you prefer. This info is take from a different model machine but the principal would still be the same. Best regards.
Thank you very much for the data. I looked for the conflux switch at the left rear of the cabin but did not find it. The switch frame had a hole space in it so I removed the instrument panel and looked for the switch but could not find it. I removed the left side lever panel and found a 2-pole coupler that looked like a conflux flow switch, so I connected the wire directly to it, but there was no response. ↑I may have made a mistake. I found a single pole coupler marked “FlowContol” but this is not the same, is it? I will look for more conflux switch.
I was able to turn on the N&B CONFLUX SWITCH. But the strange behavior did not change. ConfluxswitchON.MOV drive.google.com When I was fiddling with the wiring, I noticed that the smart relay seems to control the current of the solenoid for the pilot pressure on the breaker piping. There seems to be a timer set to turn off about 1 second after the operation of the control lever knob switch is completed.
Apologies, after looking back at you videos and posts I now understand your issue. I had initially thought the attachment stopped working when you operated the arm. If I have read the manual correctly then the Travel Straight valve would not be in operation when a fine arm in or out operation is performed but if for some reason their was still a small signal holding the TS valve on while the P1 bypass was open then this may initially create a loss of flow for the arm or swing movements. Try disconnecting the TS valve solenoid so no combined pump operation is permitted, this will throw a fault code but it would be interesting to see if the fault still exists. Apologies again for the misunderstanding. Kind regards
I was really surprised to read that your machine is installed with the IDEC FL1E-H12RCE "SMART RELAY". "SMART RELAY" is a compact PLC (Programmable Logic Control) and its use is very complicated. It is really unnecessary if your machine only has one accessory. Obviously we cannot understand the owner's intention before they installed that "SMART RELAY"!!! Therefore, in my opinion, you should remove that SR and rewire the switches and sensors according to the Kobelco manual you have. I believe you can rewire the sensors and switches... according to the Kobelco manual.
For more details.
I removed the TRAVEL STRAIGHT SOLENOID coupler. But the strange behavior did not change. AttachmentSpeedAccel.MOV drive.google.com I noticed something new. Arming out or SWINGing during the ATTACHMENT operation accelerates the speed of the attachment. Mr. LACHAU. Thank you for the DATA. The wiring diagram is very clear. Can you tell me where you purchased it?
It is possible that the main pump displacement increases when operating the joystick arm or swing functions and the joystick low pressure sensor voltages increases to a value higher than the set value of the rotator function. Lachau suggestion of rewiring the rotator low pressure signal back to factory set up is definitely worth considering. I can only think that the plc relay is used to give a ramping and delay controllability to a solenoid pilot valve. I will dig through my information regarding the "hidden mode" feature where you can change milliamp settings for fine adjustment control on a number of functions. This is not a feature that is outlined in workshop manuals but it may be worth trying. Kind regards
I thought you already had the shop manual for this machine. Okay, here it is for your reference. Of course, it is free, you don't need to buy it To clarify: The hydraulic diagram I posted above is taken from the SK135SR shop manual but I have edited it to make it clearer and easier to read. Link to download: Kobelco SK115SR_SK135SR shop manual
You go to "SERVICE MENU" to collect data as in the picture I attached below: 1/- When you only operate the attachment. 2/- When you combine operate the attachment and operate ARM or Swing simultaneously.
Mr KOBE STEEL I tried to remove the smart relay but the wiring is very complicated and it will take some time. Please wait a moment. I am thinking of replacing it with a simple relay. Mr LACHAU Thank you for the manual. The one I have is in black and white and the hydraulic circuit and wiring diagrams are hard to read. I checked the values in the service menu. No20_460mA to 700mA No21_565mA→565mA No22_489mA→489mA No24_485mA→485mA No25_455mA→550mA (Maybe after attachment & arm operation. Will check again)
It's hard to see in the sunlight, but here's a video No20_P1CUT.MOV drive.google.com No21_P2CUT.MOV drive.google.com No22_TSV.MOV drive.google.com No24_P1.MOV drive.google.com No25_P2.MOV drive.google.com
One progress has been made. During attachment operation, when turning or arming out, the attachment would accelerate. The result was that the attachment pilot pressure was low. We do not know why it was low. Before adjustment 2.1V 12k After adjustment 4.8V 30k I tried to replace the smart relay with a common relay but could not. The Smart Relay is a proportional control switch, so a standard relay would not work well. The smart relay was designed to detect the frequency input.
So you now have full secondary pilot pressure supplied to the option spool. Has this fixed you delay issue and is the rotator still operating within the right speed you require? Kind regards
The rotator is moving at the required speed. However, the delay in the Excavator was not resolved. I will check again with the P2 CUT SOLENOID coupler disconnected.
A delay function has been added to hold the breaker valve pilot signal for 5 seconds after the front ATT operation using the smart relay function. The impact of the abrupt movement is eliminated, but the arm and swing movements are slowed down for 5 seconds. However, when the front ATT is operated, the arm and swing movements accelerate. Is it possible that the P2 BYPASS CUT spool is broken?
I sent it while I was in the middle of creating it. Sorry. I thought that when the pilot signal from the option valve (breaker line) arrives, the timing of the P2 output rises and falls would be jerky, so I added an off-delay timer that allows the pilot pressure to be applied to the option valve for 5 seconds after operation using the smart relay function so that the pilot signal can be received for a while. An off-delay timer has been added so that the pilot pressure is applied for 5 seconds after operation using the smart relay function. However, the result did not work. A video of the phenomenon is attached. IMG_0109.MOV drive.google.com IMG_0110.MOV drive.google.com P2 pressure Without attachment operation: 40k During attachment operation: 110k What does this mean?
I believe that is the rear pump main pressure reading. Without attachment operation: 40k (40 bar, 580 psi) During attachment operation: 110k (110 bar, 1595 psi) It looks like the pump responds with a higher output flow when the rotator is activated and then speeds up the other functions as well. You may want to consider using the mains pumps PTO section, if it has one and run a separate system. You can mount a PTO and small pump and control valve to run the rotator, and because it is on a separate system it will not cause the issues you are currently having. Best regards
The PTO pump is equipped but used for dozer blades. I am thinking of adjusting the pump regulator to increase the minimum flow rate. What do you think of this plan?
You could interrupt the Dozer pump supply with a single control valve that has power beyond. You would have up to 50 lpm supply for the rotator at max rpm if using the genuine shimadzu pump fitted by Kobelco. I don't know if increasing the pumps minimum flow would make a difference but wouldn't do any harm to try, just remember to get a reference before adjusting so it can be taken back to the same position as the manual will not have any reference on setting this flow stop without using a flow meter. 1/4 turns adjust min by 3.3 lpm.