Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Sk200 Control monitor

Alex85 ยท 2014-07-11 21:43

I have had this machine for a few months now and the control monitor has never worked right. It kind of flashes and glitches and has a black spot on the screen so it is almost impossible to tell what you are looking at:Banghead. Could I just get a monitor...or is there some other reason why it would be doing this. It is really inconvinient! I can't tell the engine temp fuel level or much at all really. Seems like the buttons work... Or at least some of them I can't tell cuz the screen is so frigged up.

Replies15
  1. #1Jasexc2014-07-11 23:39

    Never had a sk200 but had a sk210-8 and know kobelco had a LOT of computer problems which could be part of the problem. Great machines but kobelcos are the worst to work on when it comes to anything electrical.

  2. #2Alex852014-07-12 06:50

    Jasexc thanks for the reply! Unfortunately is also a gray market machine so it's hard to get a lot of support from kobelco. The machine runs awesome but I really should be able to check temps and stuff...there is a guy with the same machine right down the road maybe I could swap his screen out on mine to see...that is if it's the same I kno another guy that has one and his is different.

  3. #3grandkobelco2014-07-13 07:08

    You very likely need a new monitor and if the one down the road has the same configuration and the same electrical electrical conection you probably could swap them out for a test. But you do run the risk of taking out his monitor too. Unfortionantly kobelco could have used different monitors for different countries. Any way you could put a picture of the monitor on this thread? wes

  4. #4Alex852014-07-13 19:18

    Wes I checked that other machine and his monitor is different...it's down to the lower right mine is up shoulder height running along the right window. I can try to post a picture on here...I outa be able to figure it out haha!

  5. #5Alex852014-07-13 20:19
  6. #6Alex852014-07-13 20:24

    I didn't do it right apparently but there it is anyway lol

  7. #7rankothge2014-07-14 08:56

    hi guys.... this machine sk 200 mark5. there are tow kind of this machine, normal acera & acera supper version. super version is good than this machine. this machine normal acera. i have changed display of like this machine several times. you can fix it your self. find it on ebay this link http://www.ebay.com/itm/Kobelco-Exc...LCD-/251378932228?hash=item3a875a1a04&vxp=mtr good luck AMALKA

  8. #8Alex852014-07-14 12:56

    I think mine says super version on the side but either way I didn't know I could change just the screen I thought I had to get the whole thing that's awesome thanks for the help!

  9. #9grandkobelco2014-07-16 05:52

    I've seen one of those in our yard a while back and we couldn't find a dash for that one either. If you buy one off ebay and it works let us know. thanks, wes

  10. #10Alex852014-07-16 08:00

    Yea I ordered it the other day so once it gets here I'll try it out and let you kno. Where is the best place to get parts for that machine anyway? I also need a wiper arm and the one I got from kobelco doesn't fit. Other things I have gotten from them are fine.

  11. #11Alex852014-08-05 17:46

    Amalka, I got that new screen off eBay but it doesn't seem to match quite right... Looks like it will go in place but I just wanna make sure before I go soldering it in...which I didn't kno I had to do either seems like it will be a little tedious. Here are some pictures of what I have now and the new one in the package. Tell me what you think if you would please. Thanks!

  12. #12Alex852014-08-05 17:53

    Here is another picture of the new one it was hard to see in the package...

  13. #13Alex852014-08-14 21:25

    I tryed the new screen on my dash the other day and it just came up black...I soldered everything back together right I guess it must not have been compatible. The weird thing is I hooked the old one back up and it blinked some at first but now it doesn't work at all. Do I need a whole new dash? The buttons all still work just no screen. Any thoughts would be awesome thanks.

  14. #14rankothge2014-08-15 12:13

    hay alex ...... you done your job vary well . please adjust brightness of display via preset mark on this picture ... good luck

  15. #15Alex852014-08-15 20:43

    Rankothge, thanks so much for the help!! It worked perfectly after I adjusted that screw. What a relief to get that figured out! Do you kno where I can get a owners manual for this machine? Thanks again!