Working on this machine after another dealer. Original complaint was the back window got knocked out and C1 controller got wet. After this the machine would not rev up and hydraulics barely work. Other dealer tried to install new C1 controller and monitor shows CPU METRO CONTR FAIL. Original controller was showing errors for several sensors, charge circuit, and battery relay. Customer replaced machine and cab harness along with battery relay and pressure sensors trying to get errors to clear. Machine still has errors and the new c1 controller still reads the same. I brought a brand new blank controller, programmed it and it reads same cpu failure. I've checked every power and ground into this controller with everything testing fine. I'm starting to suspect there is a problem with the C1 software I'm getting. Has anyone ever had an issue with this before.
Hi could you post picture of machines display monitor so I know if it's - 6, - 6e, or - 6es. Also please post picture of new controller. Is controller gunuine or aftermarket.
It's a pre-minor change with one button on the monitor. The controllers are genuine I work for a kobelco dealer. The controller is a blank that we program. I'll get pictures off my work phone later. I've changed multiple c1 controllers and normally when they are blank it reads cpu metro fail until you put the program in then it goes to ROM DATA FAILURE till a successful A adjustment is done. This is also a long reach machine so it's very specific software.
By any change was there a single coil battery relay fitted instead of a double coil relay. By any chance have you the original controller. If you have plug it back in and see if you have the same multiple faults or just cpu metro fail.
The customer did put the wrong battery relay on but it has the correct one on now. The original controller powers up but has errors.
That is not a genuine kobelco controller. Genuine kobelco ones are made by shinko not by sinfonia. Sinfonia is made in Thailand . The last sinfonia cpu I got had the very same problem as yours . If the original controller powers up with faults but the new controller is just showing metro fail that I would say the new controllers are at fault. You could confirm by plugging it into another machine to see if you get the same results
That controller is directly from kobelco
Maybe it did I don't know. Your new controller part number and the controller part number displayed on monitor screen are totally different?. In my opinion if your old controller powers up with faults but the new one is only displaying metro fail either the new controllers are faulty or its bad software. I would be plugging it into another machine to confirm this if I were you
Yeah the part number in the monitor is from the original controller, it's different because it's the programed one from kobelco. The number on the new one is for a blank controller that fits several DA machines. I think it's the programing personally but I never knew there were two different manufactures for them. Do you have any pictures, do they look different
they look very similar
Hi dude, Shinko Electric is the predecessor of Sinfonia Technology company. Company name changed from SHINKO ELECTRIC CO., LTD. as of April 2009. https://www.sinfo-t.jp/eng/company/history.htm
OK I have seen those back in the mark 5 machines
I only ever saw that name on knock off ones but then again I have seen knock offs with shinko on then too.
They have reman ones available too
I must look into the remans I had a guy that could repair them for me but he passed away a few years back. Even the new ones I get here from Japan come with skinko on them.
Do you have access to the new Holland online parts for kobelco
Not since I left the dealer ten years ago. I am fairly friendly with the parts guy tho so I will ask him to look into it for me
Hi everybody, This is just an experience I have corrected. The manual of the KOBELCO shop never talks about this error !! It's fault due to C3 switch box. You can try to disconnect from switch box then you can control the engine speed by accel dial. I think reason of this error code due to "SHORT CIRCUIT" in switch box!
I don't really know who bought out who. But I do know shinko electronic industries Co. Ltd is based in Japan and still supply European dealers with shinko controller that are made in Japan for older kobelco machines (-5 and-6). Newer European machines (-9 and-10) have sinfonia controllers in them. I wonder are European and American parts markets supplied by different companies. I think with some companies now days if you dig deep enough they are all owned by the same people. Can anyone clarify this for me
Hi dude, No one buys anyone! It just has changed the name from SHINKO to SINFONIA. SINFONIA is a BIG GROUP! They own many subsidiaries. One thing is very surprise. In the last time, SHINKO was a subsidiary of KOBE STEEL (owner of KOBELCO trademark).
I tried to swap this box out with a used one but it didn't change. You've seen that switch box cause a c1 controller to say cpu metro fail
Yes, I saw and I also solved this problem like that already. Have you checked the wiring from the switch box to the MAIN CONTROLLER C1 ?? Error due to "WIRING SHORT CICUIT" sometimes. I learned from experience that this CPU error code is caused by the C1 controller having lost the power supply or the power is too low.
I did check all powers and Ground to it. The original controller still powers up and works but there are some issues with permanent errors.
Has anyone used handy checker through new Holland est? I can get the kobelco handy checker to work but can't get the est version to connect. I want to try the est version as it appears you may be able to access old trim data through this one
Anyone figure out the issue to this problem? I am having the same thing.
it was corrupt c1 software for the long reach machine after installing the non long reach software the controller functions normally
Wiring Harness Inspection: Ensure that the new machine and cab harnesses were installed correctly and all connectors are secure. Inspect the wiring for any damage or loose connections. Voltage and Ground Checks: Double-check the voltage and ground connections to the C1 controller and monitor. Even a slight voltage drop can cause communication errors. Verify the integrity of these connections. Sensor and Relay Replacement: Since some pressure sensors and the battery relay were replaced, ensure that the new components are functioning correctly. Faulty sensors or relays can trigger errors. Software Updates: Check if there are any available software updates or patches for the C1 controller. Sometimes, updating the software can resolve communication issues. Diagnose Original Issue: Go back to the original complaint about the back window and water damage to the C1 controller. Thoroughly inspect the affected areas for any water damage or corrosion. Water damage could have caused underlying electrical issues. Professional Technician: If you've exhausted these steps and the issue persists, it may require a professional technician with experience in this specific machine's electronics. They can use specialized diagnostic tools to pinpoint and address the problem accurately.
Hello guys Plz who can give me the CNH EST SOFTWARE Tia
sent you a pm