Help! I am new to this machine.. a late 90's Skat Trak 1700 I parked it for the evening and went back to it the next day and started it up. It seems to now have a hydraulic problem of some sort. The bucket raise control will only work if you get the handle in the perfect spot.. not all the way activated. It is slow if it works. In the down position it drops quickly. The bucket tilt/dump control doesnt work at all. Originally I tapped it many times and it moved a 1/2" at a time until it was in the completely dumped position and now that control is completely unresponsive The unit drives fine. The lockout device is functioning as fas as I can tell. When you press the unlock botton you can feel and hear the loud click the unlocks the bucket functions. Nothing is workin correctly though. We checked and added hydraulic fluid with no change. We inspected the controls and cables leading to the valve body. All seems to be moving fluidly. I am not a Skat mechanic but am fairly mechanically inclined. Am I missing something? I am stumped. Thanks in advance from a new member!
does this machine have the center pedal that runs the attachments? If it does try checking to see if that's centered up.
Yep It has 2 pedals. They are so stiff from lack of use that I didn't know they moved! Someone else tried to move it the machine and must have jammed the pedal back. I centered it and it was as good as new! Thank you for your help.. very much!!!
I know it has been a while since you posted this, but I had the cables replaced at the Volvo dealer for the pedals on my 1700 and it was like day and night! It was like a brand new machine. Good luck!