Some of these questions may seem odd but I have little expirience with skid loaders and I am interested in building one and need to know more about how some of the systems work. What is an adverage diamiter for skid loader tire on larger loaders? How do typical powered atachment plates work? Does anyoe have a picture of the engine compartment and drive assembly?
Might be a silly question, but why do you want to build one rather than just pick-up a gently use one or even a "well" used one that needs a little TLC?
because i am pretty sure i can build one cheeper than buying a new one and i dont want a piece of junk that needs overhauled. I am still reaserching some aspects of this.
Skids usually run 16.5" dia rubber, smaller ones on 10" wide and larger on 12". Click on the McClaren banner at the top for some more info. My suggestion is to look at Thomas skid steers...there about as home made as you can get....
can anyone post a picture of a skid loader chain case so i can get a better understanding of this mechanism
A used parts book would surely give you lots of insight and ideas.
where do you think i could fin such a book?
E-bay or local dealer may have some pre-computer days parts books around.
As mentioned above your best bet is to get a used or junked loader. At one time I wanted to build one, but a FREE Mustang 1700 snapped me out of that mindset. Since then I have had a Bobcat M610, 763, 843, 863, and who knows what's next. Even if you do not use it buying a junk skid steer will allow you to disassemble and know its operation in detail. You can get your money back just by selling parts! However, I think that after getting a junker you will do what I did, rebuild it.
Wow, building a skid steer! Sounds like an ambitious project! A long time ago I came across a Case 1740 the guy gave me for $500... All it needed was a starter and the throttle control linkage freed up... It was in great condition otherwise, I sold it a little while later for $4500... If you do end up building one be sure to post pictures of the progress, I for one would love to see it coming along!
well had to go to the fairgrounds to set up our display for boy scouts and i took some time to look over a case skid loader (model unknown) and I did get a better understanding of thier construction but it also brought up more questions that will have to be answered by closer in spection during far and maybe a talk with the dealer.
good luck with that project. when I read your post it made me think of Junkyards Wars on Discovery Channel. I would suggest you visit some equipment dealerships and see if you can find pieces that would be in their respective bone yards: booms, frames etc...it would take a lot of doing to recreate the chain cases and gears. I would suggest to look at a design like Belle who was purchased by Neuson or now Wacker-Neuson in Europe. They do (or did) not use any chains it was totally hydraulic on the wheel motors. Years ago Belle used to bring the units into the U.S. and their HQ was somewhere like Roanoke, Virginia (for some reason that sticks in my mind). Point is it may be something to look at that was made different and not with chain cases and all of the inticate parts with in.
very ambitious idea! I would really think that you could buy a few junkers and piece them together into a solid machine for much less effort and aggravation! We have done that with several Genie manlifts and it has worked out well just about every time. Ritchie bros has an area for parts machines in their auctions, check that out for a frame if you like rbauction.com good luck!
also try salvagesale.com they always have skids on there. Watch them though, they will screw you in a heartbeat!!! Been there done that
With the equipment market in the toilet, I would take advantage of that and find a used machine. You will be stepping over dollars to pickup dimes building your own. Actually that would seem to be an insane idea. You mention building one would be cheaper than buying a new one. Probably not, but even if it was, a new one of any make (even a CAT ) has some value. Your Frankenstein machine will have zero value to anyone else but you, and depending on the outcome maybe not even to you. Your willing to build a machine from scratch, but are afraid of an overhaul of engine? Seems odd. Be sure to post pictures. I would however becareful of patent infringements in the pictures, I am sure if an OEM sees you ripping off their ideas, someone will not be happy. ointhead
i really need service manual anyone can tell me where can i find a service manual for hyundai 95´ shl600 skid steer loader, my mail [email protected] , i can send to anyone information or picture of schematic of the chain system for skid steer. by thanks...
see this link here is the information you need online, just type 575 skid steer an you can find all the hydraulics lines and chain case, and more. http://jdpc.deere.com/jdpc/servlet/com.deere.u90490.partscatalog.view.servlets.HomePageServlet_Alt by
JD skid loader :bash:bash:bashHello out there I'm looking for parts for JD 24 000991 GG
Good luck with the project. I used to work in the RV industry and watched people try to build their own. It ALWAYS took twice as long to build and parts alone cost 3 times as much as they thought it would. We were happy to sell them the parts, in fact these customers were some of our most loyal but in the end, they would have, without exception, all have been much better off to buy a used one in any shape and repair it. I have watched this same process over and over again with many different things that people want to build and the result is always the same. they :Banghead Hey, if you want to do it just to do it, then head on and may the force be with you but though it seems like you might be able to save a few dollars, you will in fact spend many more in the long run.
I have fixed machines and adapted things time and again. The best way and least expensive is always to buy someone's j unk and adapt it. Everyone wins like that. The owner of a broken-down machine gets more than junk value, or gets rid of it without headaches. The builder of a machine gets a time-proven design and frame to work with. He can look for flaws and improve them. When I built my school bus camper I stocked up on junk travel trailers to cut cost. You help save the environment by preventing junk from being wasted and instead re-using it. Sometimes parts are not available and you may have to adapt or even fabricate new parts yourself, have a home foundry? Take it from a guy who has built many projects, used is the only way to go. Even if you build from scratch, get your supplies from someone else's junk.
I think I would at least try to find a frame or burnt skid steer to start with. You should be able to figure a lot out even if you didn't use much from it.
Case 1845C High Flow Auxiliary Hydraulics Does anyone here know what all is involved in upgrading a Case 1845C auxiliary hydraulic system from the standard 16 gpm to a high flow system?
Some one mention Thomas. Well the good news is that Thomas has their parts and service manuals now online to download as PDF's. http://www.thomasloaders.com/resources.asp Bob G.
Wow... that's good information! Wonder if other manufacturers will follow suit?
ASV has offered their parts and operator's manuals online for quite a while. I have used the online parts manual for my RC50.
well...Cat just give you the CD with the keys....can't you read my combo drive??
s 130 actuator Hi!I have a problem with both actuators.I have changed them twice with new but they don't work good.When I work the moves they are never the same and they don't have sensitivity...most of the times are very slow.
Have you had the actuators calibrated, mihakis?
In this day and age, I wish all mfg's have their parts manuals online or downloadable. Sure makes it easy for the mechanics and parts tech. I was surprised that Thomas also had their service manuals online since most company make a very good profit margin on these.