How do I remove front drive sprocket on a lx885 skid steer
Derblw, I have a L190 that I was thinking about replacing the final drive sprockets and chain on. It looks like a similar setup as the LX885. Did you ever figure out how to remove the sprockets? Specifically were you able to remove the center drive sprocket from the drive motor shaft? If so, how did you go about it? I went to my dealer the other day to get prices on the sprockets and he told me that the center drive sprocket was made onto and part of the motor. I think that's crazy. I can't imagine having to change the whole motor just to change that double sprocket. Tim
Have that parts man show you the drawing of the sprockets. The one on messick's shows the motor attached to the gear reduction case so it is not part of the motor. The sprockets are shown on the output shaft though, not separated.
Stovein, I am looking at the Messicks parts page for the 2 speed hydraulic motor as I am writing this. It shows that the sprocket set is made integral with the motor shaft for the L190. A gear reduction case is not shown. It seems that I can buy the sprocket/shaft for about $900 but I will still have to tear down the motor to replace it. Looking at the sprocket on the skid, it appears that the sprocket is a press fit on the end of the motor shaft. Neither Messicks or my NH parts guy show a part number for the sprocket alone. edit: I do see where the LX885 has a gearbox attached to the motor. Tim