Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

skid steer coupler on miniex

hiluxman ยท 2011-05-18 00:00

saw a guy with a kubota miniex and it had a skid steer coupler has any one seen this the bucke was forwerd and a bucket mat have its place but some attchements would be useless like a broom

Replies7
  1. #1stuvecorp2011-05-22 12:34

    I 'think' it would useful to have a skid steer coupler on the mini x. I think being able to use pallet forks on some places would be nice. An auger and eliminator rake is others that come to mind.

  2. #2KSSS2011-05-22 14:58

    I think a breaker would be handy in some applications as well. There was a company that was marketing this attachment. It was about 2500 for my TK I remember. I have not seen them advertising recently, they may have hit the turf.

  3. #3hiluxman2011-05-22 22:14

    here it is its made by rockhound but sold at skid steer solutions and why not just get a excavator breaker a skid loader copuler as way to wide for a breaker say you are breaking at the bottom of a trench you cant getthe breaker in the trench you can only use it in a job that has no walls or in trench so it wont work i think it's more for attchents like forks, 4 in 1 buckets, grapple buckets, and reguler buckets and just think if you had a 4 in 1 it whould be a scaled donw minning shovel snice it has a opening bucket if its a Cat 303cr it can be called a Cat 5303cr snice the cat minning had a 5 in front of the number http://www.skidsteersolutions.com/Excavator_Hook_up_Attachment_p/hook-up-01.htm

  4. #4KSSS2011-05-23 10:04

    Thats why I said some applications. I don't often have to break rock in a trench but do at times have to break steps or porchs that I cant get at with a skid steer and being able to immediately go from excavator to skid steer with a breaker would be handy. For those tight jobs where the wide stance of the skid steer coupler would get in the way it would not help but there is still a lot of applications for the idea.

  5. #5hiluxman2011-05-23 12:20

    What about a brushcat type attachment on a mini ex. And also a Snowblower or is that just silly

  6. #6KSSS2011-05-24 13:29

    The problem is the low flow of typical excavators would struggle to run those especially the snow blower.

  7. #7hiluxman2011-05-24 22:02

    but they have excavator mowers and they work great so why is a brushcat any different