Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Skid Steer Pre Filters

NCPIPELINE ยท 2013-10-08 09:29

Didn't someone put an outside the engine compartment pre filter on a skid steer a while back?

Replies9
  1. #1Swamp rat2013-10-08 21:47

    I installed a air cyclone to preclean the air to the air filter on a T190 couple months ago.

  2. #2NCPIPELINE2013-10-09 07:40

    Do you have any pictures of it?

  3. #3CJR722013-10-09 17:45

    prefilter does this help https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQKO1SADnUJETBt3_HBDY2MWXzlZQLlpcqSlVKOWmJqrcHvdjM2zA

  4. #4Swamp rat2013-10-09 19:38

    Its not with me - have it at another job but will take some .

  5. #5NCPIPELINE2013-10-10 08:31

    Thanks brother

  6. #6Rusty322013-11-04 00:12

    Ive done in to a deere 320. Went from filter changes every other day to every other service

  7. #7durallymax2013-11-04 08:53

    I need to put them on ours too.

  8. #8Nige2013-11-04 11:39

    Have a look at these 2 threads and see if they give you any ideas. Basically 2 ways of attacking the same problem. HeavyEquipmentForums

  9. #9durallymax2013-11-04 12:19

    Just did some quick browsing on Donaldson and Turbo pre cleaners sites. From the info I gathered the 3.4 Cat should need around 250CFM. With those specs in mind and trying to keep overall dimensions not too large I found the following. A Model 50 Turbo III would work. http://www.turboprecleaner.com/pdf/turbo_sizing_datasheet.pdf And the two donaldson topspin ones would work, but I think the inline one would be too bulky. https://dynamic.donaldson.com/webc/WebStore/search/item_detail.html?section=10107&item=667616 https://dynamic.donaldson.com/webc/WebStore/search/item_detail.html?section=10105&item=1523394 https://dynamic.donaldson.com/webc/WebStore/search/item_detail.html?section=10105&item=156972