Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Skid steer wheel lugs and lug nuts???

stefuel ยท 2023-03-09 18:21

General question because I don't know. I have a Case 1840 that has one snapped off stud. Having trouble finding a direct replacement. Going to pull the wheels to paint the rims so there may end up needing more.

Replies8
  1. #1phil3142023-03-10 07:49

    I've had to replace a couple wheel stud on m 1845c. Local case dealer had them in stock both times. If you don't have a case dealer local, try an online one.

  2. #2Vetech632023-03-10 07:56

    I don't remember them being anything special. You should be able to get an equivalent at an auto parts store.

  3. #3kshansen2023-03-10 08:13

    If you have a NAPA dealer nearby take one of the good studs to them and they should have a wheel hardware book to look them up by sizes. I can view the book online but am having trouble trying to post it here. Just took a look at Messicks.com https://www.messicks.com/ku/140799 It looks like there are two possibilities either 1/2 inch or 9/16 inch

  4. #4stefuel2023-03-10 17:20

    struck out at NAPA, Autozone, a local auto parts store and a international dealer. Not wasting anymore time and gas Shopping on line

  5. #5kshansen2023-03-10 19:11

    Did you check to see if yours are the 1/2 or 9/16th. That Messick's site will give you the parts numbers and their prices. They are listed down near the bottom of the Axles-Drive Train section 06

  6. #6stefuel2023-03-10 19:42

    Broke 2 ordered 4

  7. #7hookedondiesel2023-03-12 13:45

    Where did you order them?

  8. #8stefuel2023-03-12 19:33

    Messicks.com There's a link on the 4th post of this thread