My 2003 Deere 260 series 2 will not move. Starts just fine. Bucket moves normally. Parking brake seems to disengage. The light goes off. Hydraulic fluid is full. When I try to go forward or in reverse, it seems to want to move, but it is like something is holding it back. Any help is appreciated.
Does the engine bog down when you try to move? There is a small hydraulic line that releases the parking brake that likes to fail.
What hvy 1ton said^^^ Just because the park brake light goes out does not mean it is released.
I have charged the battery, so the voltage is good. Is this a possible relay, fuse, solenoid? All of the above? When you say the hydraulic line likes to fail, does that mean the hydraulic line may need replacement, or is it something else?
The original line failed at the crimp. I can't remember what happened to the second one. If the belly pan has much dirt in it, it will take a while to notice the leak.
Series 2 has spring apply hydraulic release brakes built into the drive motors. A good place to start would be to check pressure at brake release hose. Might just find that leak referred to above. . Also take a quick look at the solenoid valve for park release, might be something obvious
Other things have stopped me from working on my skid steer but I did find three purple wires near one of the relays that were worn through. Does anyone have a wiring diagram that shows what these wires may be used for? Can anyone tell me where the brake solenoid is located?
Picture please. Point out which relay. In the hydraulic filter head.
I have circled the bad wires.
There should be numbers on those wires. What are they?
740 722 715 I think, Took me a while to read them.
722 - to the boom and bucket lockout solenoids. 740 - from the boom/bucket lockout solenoids back to the monitor 715 - to the park brake solenoid and park brake relay.
Wires were not easy to get to, but got them soldered together and it started up and took off like a champ. Thanks to everyone for the help and suggestions.