Saw the UK logging and thought I'd find some from my area. I pulled some old video I had from twenty years ago and edited it for a short show.
Here is another kind of skidder used before the fancy articulated ones came out.
Looks like the one over by orting.
It is.
That' pretty cool John! Who was the contractor doing the logging? You didn't see very many Limmit delimbers around.
I seem to remember it being Parker Pacific out of Buckley.
Thanks for the compliment and I think the processor was a Pro Pac. It is the only one I've ever watched running.
Yep a propac limmit. C&C logging out of Longview had one back then also. Parker Pacific used to move a lot of wood and now they are more into Development and Construction and just log the timber to get it out of the way.
I haven't dealt with them since Al Parker passed away. I always enjoyed him and his crews. I didn't know that Pro Pac was part of Limmit. I've been around one of the original Limmit strokers and it didn't look anything like the one in the video. I have it on good authority that that one was a piece of junk.
John C, great footage of the skidder and processor, sure looks like a productive set up. Have you filmed much of this kind of stuff, over the years? All the best.
I would love to do a lot more of this type of thing but most of the logging is done on private land and I can't get permission to enter and record video in those situations. I can drive right in to work on the equipment but can't get permission to video the operation. I got this and the scraper operation because they were working next to public highways. I have a prosumer camera that shoots high definition and all the editing stuff needed to put together quality programs for web viewing. I'm going to explore doing more of this stuff this year. There is a lot of video on the web now showing high lead and cut to length logging. I've only seen a couple of good videos showing shovel logging. I do have a video showing shovels working in a log sorting yard. If you are interested I'll post it.
Yes please John, would love to see the shovels working. Cheers.
I should get some video of our downhill slacklining unit for you guys.
I don't have them digitized but will dig the program up and get it prepared. Hallback, I have seen that kind of logging in years. The back ground makes me think your up north around the Skagit. Keep those coming!
Shovel logging vid
Will do John! We are at the base of Mt.Rainier.
where exactly, Hallback ? looks like kapowsin
Ashford. We will be there a week longer now as we have to rebuild our skidline drum now.