Anyone make a mount to put skidsteer attachments on a mid size excavator? We have a TAK TB290 and we're thinking about mounting our rotary mower, forks, and bucket on the excavator.
I was going to make an adapter as a product to fill the void in the market. I had 5 potential customers lined up wanting one, plus myself. I spent $8k on Solidworks to model the idea for the first customers, then one of the potential customers sprung on me that he had a patent and actually wasn't a potential customer. He said he'd spent $25k or some such on the patent and his lawyer said it was a $100k idea. I called him a sneaky snake and I wouldn't do business with him; he said fine that he had a list of potential MFGs. A few months later he came back asking if I would be interested in a royalty deal at $500/unit. I don't think I responded. Could always build one for yourself!
Care to send me a PM or email with a screen shot? I am planning on building my own not buying something since I need a wain-roy coupler on it.
Google RockHound HookUp.
Decided to make our own mount. Weights a lot but I doubt it will break.
Very interesting will you be producing them or was it a one off for personal use? feel free to pm me if you prefer.
For now personal use but something might be able to be arranged if you have a wain-roy QD or something else easy to fab.
Considering what shipping would likely cost maybe I should just ask for lots of pics lol:wink2
Honestly it was dead simple to build. We bought the skid steer mount off ebay and got a couple of extra wain roy tops with our machine. The steel supply company cut the 5/8" plate and 4 gussets for us. I just welded it together. If you want different angles let me know. The only thing I would change is go to 1/2" or even 3/8" plate. It is WAY overbuilt.