Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Skidsteer model JD-24A

Fred Goatroper ยท 2023-12-12 21:06

I have this old skidsteer. I am looking for any specifications and of information on this machine. If there is a manual out there in PDF. that would be trmendous. Thanks in advance

Replies4
  1. #1Diesel Dave2023-12-13 10:05

    Welcome to HEF Fred . At the Deere bookstore there is an option to download a free copy of the Operators Manual. There is also a service manual for sale. John Deere - Technical Information Bookstore Welcome to John Deere C&F Technical Information Bookstore. This site contains operating, maintenance, and service information. www.johndeeretechinfo.com

  2. #2Fred Goatroper2023-12-13 10:49

    OK thanks for this. I will check it out.

  3. #3Welder Dave2023-12-14 19:22

    I had to refresh my memory. The JD 24A was built by Owatonna Mfg. who also built the original Mustang skid steers. Not bad machines and they had some weight to them. I would say they were built heavier duty than the later JD skid steers sourced from New Holland. Looks like they were made starting about 1979. https://www.deere.com/assets/pdfs/common/products/skid-steers/skid-steer-jd24a-loader.pdf

  4. #4Fred Goatroper2023-12-15 21:03

    Thanks you guys. The old skidsteer is working great. the history of the machine helps. Pushed some snow today. Nice heavy wet stuff.