Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Sky Trak 10054

Tracy.johnson ยท 2016-09-28 09:12

I'm working on a Sky Trak 10054 and the boom will not extend and the support legs will go down but not up. I ran the Stabil-trak test and every thing started working, went to lunch, came back and the same things weren't working again:Banghead! Does some one have some gremlin pesticide or some help with what this thing is doing?

Replies4
  1. #1Rentalmechanic2016-09-30 21:35

    Theyre are several relays and fuses that control this function they go down but dont come up because the you either lost power to the sensor ( proximity switch) on the side of the boom and it dont know whats going on (not computer controlled just relays has no power to the up switch gives no power to lift. Under the the duel function sticks(panel to the right of the keyswitch) theyre is a relay and fuse panel theyre all usually labeled. Check all the fuses some are hidden to the left stability lock power loss usually causes that, another way to tell is if tries to three wheel motion when you frame tilt (on some models ). If you find a blown fuse and it reblows check your harness under the chassis and boom prox switch wiring nortorious for getting torn up. Www.Jlg.com has online service manuals if you can read schmatics. I ramble on sorry Later Rm

  2. #2Tracy.johnson2016-10-03 11:29

    Thanks, that is what I was leaning towards.

  3. #3Rentalmechanic2016-10-12 21:14

    Did that fix your problem? The reason this board is here is to help even master mechanics that are stuck!

  4. #4molokaisteve2025-10-22 21:37

    I am having the same issue with my SkyTrak 10054 telehandler. Wont extend and outriggers won't retract. I've swapped the relays around (all same p/n), cleaned the ground post/wires, checked the fuses/all good. Did this a few days ago and just wiggling the wires around the fuse panel caused it to work. What do I check next. I pushed in and wiggled every wire in that are to the right of the ignition switch.