Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Skyjack 3219 Steering problems

pukas84 ยท 2018-08-16 20:57

I got a Skyjack 3219 lift. Problem I am having is while the lift is in motion forward/backwards I am not able to steer. Steering works while the lift is not in motion. What do you think is the problem.

Replies3
  1. #1tool_king2018-08-18 16:48

    Have you checked your hydraulic pressure with a gauge ? What is serial number of the lift ? Is the hydraulic tank full ?

  2. #2tractormech2018-08-26 23:55

    You could have voltage issues to the controller handle if it works one function at a time okay but won't handle two or more. Sometimes the control wires get broken almost in half from going up and down,burnt by sparks and cut by being jammed up against stuff. look for taped up places on the cable and check for corroded butt connectors or broken wires

  3. #3pukas842018-08-28 21:19

    @tool_king serial number is 22017476, tank is full @tractormech - I'll look for broken control wires.