Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Skyjack SJ7127 Drive Speed Issues

tywark · 2025-11-08 19:04

I have a Skyjack SJ7127 RT that works great other then when I push the joystick all the way forward or all the way backward it drives a lot slower then if I just push it forward a little bit or backward a little bit. If I push it forward a little bit the high/ low throttle and high/low speeds seem to work good. The flat mode and the hill mode also seem to work good as well. It is only when I get about half way forward or backward is where it slows down. Tried replacing the old joystick with a new joystick and that didn't make a difference. What could be my problem? Thanks.

Replies3
  1. #1nikthewho2025-11-09 00:43

    Needs to "learn" the new joystick's full range, may require Skyjack diagnostic tool to recalibrate input scaling

  2. #2tywark2025-11-09 13:18

    It didn’t make any difference with the new joystick. Could the old joystick have been out of calibration already?

  3. #3nikthewho2025-11-09 23:09

    Maybe. Can you drop the schematic if you have? this will help to get a full picture