So I bought this Skytrak 10054 2014 at auction and the fork lift boom hydraulic hose is bad looks like they did some rube zip tie attempt at repair or maybe keep the spraying fluid from going 10 feet. Have seen some keep the boom retracted loosen hose connections at cylinder and steel line take apart rear track wheels use a para cord or similar to pull new hose through. Have heard some say u need to extend boom all the way out. Any tips appreciated.
Not the same machine as mine, I have a Lull, but I just did these hoses and what I did was with the boom retracted tied a rope to the hose and pulled it out, pulling the rope into its place, then tied the new hose to the rope and pulled it in. I was able to do this myself without a helper. Mine has some clamps in the boom I had to undo. I'd imagine yours will too.
Been years since I messed with one; But we would tack weld the (JIC?) pipe plug for either end together so the new hose would feed through as we pulled out the old one. As to what position the boom needs to be in, I couldn't tell you. JLG should have the manuals on their site IIRC.
Ok thanks for the replies had the boom all the way out after I capped the line the rollers and clamps for the hoses obviously are not reachable so looks like you gotta remove and replace the line with boom retracted.
So to follow up here on the 10054 you gotta take apart the whole boom sections to replace hoses they can't make it past the internals in the boom to use rope etc. It's a 4 day job even for an experienced Telehandler mechanic that's done this before plus you need a way to support the sections crane whatever. So $4000 minimum labor. The 10042 you can replace the hoses without taking apart the boom. The boom hose on mine was probably pinched from impact i ended up cutting it and pulling the long section out the back of boom. For me luckily i got my used Gates 3000B hose crimper to put a new fitting on long hose and made a new section hose for the fork tilt. I didn't have to take apart the boom I assume you could call a mobil hydraulic hose guy and they could do the same. To answer my own question here you can't accomplish anything with boom extended it's gotta be completely retracted to access hoses from back. Been fixed for while since I posted here no issues.