Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Skytrak 8042

Tarditim ยท 2023-11-08 08:10

I have one that is somewhat got me stumped. I am working on a older skytrak 8042 with 4 steer cylinders. The rear wheels are not indexing and slowly go out of phase on their own when in 4WS. I have resealed the cylinders twice, first time everything worked good for a few weeks. New selector valve has been installed with no difference. I have checked and rechecked cylinders and they seem to be good. I am leaning towards a steering unit but I dont wabt to call that repair without others advice... maybe there is sonething I am missing. Another wierd thing happens if rear wheels are turned left and front are centered when i shift to 2WS I cannot turn the front wheels left only right.. HAs anyone run into this issue?

Replies0

No replies yet.