Help - I have an older 8042 SKYTRAK 8042 sn 160006101. The transmission is locked in 1st, reverse when in neutral or reverse . If I shift into forward it will stop. In neutral it has power to two of the solenoids on the front of the transmission, Y6, Y5 and I assume it is not supposed to have any power. I bought a new ZF replacement shifter and still the same issue. I checked the diodes in the wiring harness and both ck ok. I'm stumped. Any input appreciated.
Are you sure you have the correct shifter? Those ZF shifters aren't all the same inside. You say you have a neutral when you put it in forward -is it really in "neutral" or is it in two gears and bound up so it stops moving? Can you push it and it rolls freely at that time? Just need to determine that it is in fact in " neutral". If so I don't think you have a mechanical issue internally. If it were me the first thing I'd do is get a diagram and see what was supposed to.be energized in neutral, if anything. An educated guess is the shifter isn't right.Let us know.
The part number is correct for the shifter. It is doing the same thing as the old shifter which worked fine until recently. THe new shifter is actually a real ZF not a knockoff. I've studied the diagram and everything appears fine.
Sent you Pm