Hi - First time post! I have a line on a 1995 SkyTrak 8042 for a decent price ($5K). S/N 0740 The main input drive shaft is out of the machine (see pics). From what I can tell, it needs a torsion dampener coupler, i believe part number 7150523. I can’t seem to find any used, and the only new one I find listed is damn near $3K and back ordered. Does anyone have a resource for used parts? I want to get an idea of how much I’m going to need to spend before I consider buying it. From what I can tell, the rest of the machine seems pretty much complete. Just under 6,800 hours on the meter. Most hydraulic lines look to be in decent shape. Air in all 4 tires. It’s apparently been sitting for 2 years. Oil on the dipstick looks OK. Anything else I should look for? Am i wasting my time with a machine with 7K hours on it? It will be a PITA to drag it out of the woods. Thanks!
Parts diagram attached.
Not sure how that end of suppose to look exactly, but can a local machine shop make something for this?
For $3k and not available, I'd be looking at options also. A worn out clutch disk has springs that do the same dampening, you could weld that to the remains of the flywheel side and weld an input shaft onto your output shaft for one way to handle it.
They had a higher than average failure rate with this design as the 4BT likes to shake things apart so I'd be really surprised if you found good used parts. Also need to keep an eye on the motor mount bolts as some like to back out or break. I'd also check that the joystick cables move freely. ISZ
5K is a smoking good deal of the engine runs.Good machine that scan fix yourself. I have a 1997 10054 . Same machine with outriggers and longer boom. I believe that mine has a Hayes coupler. I was in there a few years ago to fix the flywheel. Call around for used parts you might get lucky.
Try Aero Lift in Michigan for used parts.
Have you tried Hayes ?? They make a lot of OEM coipler/dampers
7302048 ? $1950 https://gcironparts.com/GCIronPartsSelection
That machine even has an enclosed cab. Rare for a Skytrak. I would pay 2k for that door . Those Spicer axles are spendy too.
You can download the parts manual for free. Check and see what the later upgrade to the Clark transmission is. I have half of my shaft out now to fix the transmission yoke. I will put it back in when the weather gets above freezing and take a peek towards the engine.
You have a early serial number.
Did you buy it ?