hello hope someone can point me in the right direction with my first post on here ? I have a pel job 12.4 approx 1997 which i use for general landscaping work on my own property , nothing heavy . it has started to gradually lose power to one of the tracks in reverse direction , it is getting to the stage where it will only move the track on full throttle , it will move in the opposite direction with no problem and everything else is working fine with no noticeable drop in power at normal operating throttle . I have a parts cd rom which shows the general breakdown of the parts but not much else ! I do have a good mechanical background on various things so not afraid to get my hands dirty lol Any helpful suggestions welcomed Thanks Paul
I haven't worked on this exact machine... but if it is like many other macines the hydraulic controls for the tracks are in the floor right beneath the levers and foot pedals, the bottom of the pedals have a push roller that actuates the spools for each track... and because of the location dirt/sand,water,etc... gets in between them and wears the rollers down, shouldn't be to hard to pull apart and fix/replace/buildup the rollers to solve the problem if it is like the other machines I have worked on. Hope this helps.
Thanks for the reply , no pedals just levers on this machine , i did take the floor up today and take a pic , valve moves the same amount as the opposite track , the problem seems to be worse when it has warmed up after working ?