Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Small camp demo and stone salvage

materthegreater · 2023-11-29 20:28

Time to go

Replies10
  1. #1CM19952023-11-29 20:36

    Well done. What's the reason for the demo? Looks like some of the cabins we have in a state park here the wife and like to visit. Cheaha Cabins | Alapark www.alapark.com Are you going to salvage any of the stone foundation? Nice looking rock.

  2. #2materthegreater2023-11-29 20:48

    Making way for a new house. Yes, the decent stone will be saved, possibly for use in or around the new house. This camp was built around 1930 from the remains of a stone house that was nearby but burned around the turn of the century (1900). Some of the stone is weak and falls apart when I touch it.

  3. #3materthegreater2023-12-12 22:30

    Forgot to post pics of the progress.

  4. #4materthegreater2023-12-12 22:31

    That's probably all I'll be doing. The GC has their own sub for the excavation for the new house.

  5. #5skyking12023-12-12 22:39

    It would be nice to see how the stone gets repurposed.

  6. #6Columbo2023-12-13 05:10

    Wish I had that stone here for the retaining wall I’m building!

  7. #7materthegreater2024-05-10 06:49

    Looks like they're getting ready to blast for the new foundation.

  8. #8materthegreater2024-05-16 05:58

    They blasted yesterday. The homeowner told me the blasting company let them detonate the charges. Probably not too many customers get the opportunity to do that!

  9. #9materthegreater2024-11-17 07:02

    I guess I haven't posted any updates recently. Foundation in: Framed up

  10. #10avicngo2024-11-18 10:27

    looks great