Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Small Company using estimating software.

stars&bars44 ยท 2017-04-22 22:30

I've been looking through the threads and haven't seen one like mine, if i missed it forgive me and point me to it. I'm a small time grading contractor. Its me and a couple part time guys. I've put my nights in doing takeoffs and we all know how much fun that is. I need to be working during the day moving dirt, but lately I'm getting up earlier, and quitting earlier just to get them out the door. I am curious about costs of some of the estimating software. I don't have a digitizer, or a big fancy computer just a run of the mill desktop. I do lots of building pads, the occasional road for a subdivision and some ponds here and there. Lately my plan pile is getting bigger and I need a faster, better way to do it. I cant afford $10k for a setup. What would it take dollar wise to get started from scratch with estimating software?

Replies5
  1. #1RBMcCloskey2017-04-23 17:45

    I suggest you look at Trakware Softwarehttp:// www.earthworkssoftware.com/ for earthwork take-off, you can rent it until it is paid for, about $3,000 +/-. For pricing I suggest HCSS Heavy Bid Basic, $6,500, HCSS will work with you on payments and to keep track of your cost Heavy Job Foreman, $1,600 The HCSS make pricing a breeze and no math errors.

  2. #2stars&bars442017-04-24 14:45

    Ok Ill look into them. Thank you

  3. #3ericscher2017-04-28 21:31

    I wrote my own in excel. Most of what you need to do is enter measurements and cost per "x" to add up numbers.

  4. #4Mat2017-09-21 12:57

    You can always out source it to a company that does takeoffs.

  5. #5Red Roan2017-10-02 07:29

    Send me a PM, I'm quite sure I can help you