Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

small rollers

mouse ยท 2008-09-23 04:30

anyone able to poijnt me in the direction where i could find a 600mm (24") wide ride-on roller, preferably vibrating, with the operator either standing on the unit or sitting on it? not that i'd be overly keen to use one at that width, i imagine the stability mightn't be that great. i've looked high and low and the narowest i can identify is 800mm similar to the hamm 8. I am not looking for a remote controlled trench type roller, the application is for footpaths. thanks!

Replies10
  1. #1stumpjumper832008-09-25 06:44

    Bomag makes a walk behind thats 22" wide at the drum. Model is a bw55e, Ive use a tandem wheel roller for doing paths and the operater had to be careful or it would go over. I thought it was kinda dangerous cause he stood a chance of getting run over if they were operating on a grade, But you have to pack it down somehow.

  2. #2mouse2008-09-25 22:05

    thanks - but not after a walk behind as the operators are not keen to use one.

  3. #3stumpjumper832008-09-27 19:28

    I'm sure a laborer would gladly trade his shovel or rake for a walk behind roller....

  4. #4cat 3852008-09-27 19:58

    if he's smart he would :drinkup

  5. #5mouse2008-09-27 22:11

    you may well be right there, the client is specific it cannot be walk behind and they do not seem keen on remote controlled gear. i'd throw them a plate wacker and let 'em loose if i was running the crew.

  6. #6AtlasRob2008-11-22 15:16

    Narrowest ride on I've come across is a 800mm Bomag and they are not the most stable piece of kit mouse, did you have any luck with this? I dont see that a client can specify a piece of equipment that is (a) probably unavailable or/and (b) probably dangerous. Our footpaths either get a walk behind single drum ( I'm sure they are bigger than 600mm / 2' ) or a vibrating plate if a roller wont fit.

  7. #7CM19952008-11-22 15:32

    Here is a small ride on 28" front and 32" rear - http://www.southern-tool.com/store/stone_wolfpac2500_alphalt_roller.html

  8. #8comicro2009-12-15 22:46

    contact me for more mini road roller information: [email protected] , www.comicro.cn

  9. #9CM19952009-12-23 12:11

    Comicro this one is your freebie. Refer to the forum rules.

  10. #10heavylift2009-12-23 12:39

    rammax has walk behind with wireless remote .. so they could bring a lawn chair and set beside the ditch, I think they rented a rider but it was 32ish wide, and scary looking. The funny thing is even with the wireless, which had 25'+ range , they still walk behind it.