If someone should be interested it is, and have been, some yarding in Norway, mostly with pretty small Igland and Owren yarders, but also with austrian equipment like Steyr K15 and K20 (which was a downsized versions of the 046) and Syncrofalke. My friend runs two austrian Konrad yarders today, made for gravity-yarding. I start with the one of my two Owren T3 yarders, here logging as close as you get to old-growth in Norway, but very small wood, like 3 to 4 trees pr cubic meter. The yarder is a running skyline all hydrostatic double main yarder with a 3-section drum carriage. The system consist of one pump and one motor for each drum, and it is said to be hydraulic interlocked, which I doubt both from a theoretical view and from experience.
Pic's from Verlandet In front of the Volvo self loading log truck (which is the very common style of log truck in Finland, Sweden and Norway, you see Rune and Lars representing the forest owner. We logged 2000 cubic meters over the river at this site before the government stopped us because of lack of riparian zones. (Which wasn't that easy because the big timber at the riverside had been logged some 20 years before and taken out on the ice...) Last two pictures the before mentioned Konrad Yarder.
TorkelH this is really cool! Is that 1st yarder mounted on a Volvo BM? Looks almost like it is. And that is some serious yarder ground- awesome shot of the river! Keep posting for those of us who havent seen logging in your neck of the woods.
I'm with contract logger thanks!!
Very interesting!! TorkelH, Impressive photos! Is that a Timberjack forwarder in one of the photos? It looks just about identical to my TJ 1210. It looks like the roads they make you use are barely wide enough to be able to be called roads. Do you fill them back in when you are finished logging? Also, is all the wood "cut to length"? Here in BC, at least in my part of the province, it is avoided because the wood is more efficiently bucked at the sawmill. Makes for some interesting hauling! Keep the pictures coming! Jon.
Just about everything is cut-to-lenght around here, only special items like trees destined for telephone poles and such are full lenght The harvesting heads have length and diameter measuring and the onboard computer gives a suggested cut lenght based on a pricelist that are updated regulary from the mills in order to give the best pay/usage at all times. Depending on which mill the land owner has contracted the harvesting to, the machine computer is loaded with the corresponding pricelist and then the operator basically gives the computer a go ahead on each suggested cut.
Volvo BM Yeah, for sure, it is actually an old forwarder, an SM969. My other yarder, which I'll post some pic's of later is mounted on a Volvo BM SM971 forwarder, both made in 1978. Yarders are made around 1992, they sold actually 6 to BC of them and maybe 8 to Scotland. The last years they have licence-built 25 to east Russia. The old Volvos must be about the last ones that still exists.
It's a 2003 1710, it's a 17 ton machine and a lot bigger than the 1210. It's a very bad landing, and it was almost useless for the forwarder because the operator had to take most of the logs from back of the machine. It was really steep here so we had problems building more roads. This road is permanent, most of it is blasted out of the rocks. Everything here is cut to lenght, and 99% of all logging in Sweden, Finland and Norway would be that. This winter we have been taking out some pine that is hauled full-tree to the mill and cut there, but it is very unusual.
Owren T3 #2 Here's some pic's of the other yarder I have, or more right had, because I am more or less out of business now. Harwesting machine is a Valmet 903-500 from 1992.
What a neat yarder mount those old Volvos are! Makes me imagine something like a Madill 071 or 171 mounted on a new A40E!
TorkelH, (and Per) I see that you are running a Dodge pickup! I always thought that North American gas (or diesel) guzzler pickups were sneered at in Europe! But I guess you need a truck large enough to haul a big tire out for repairs and the like. I always kind of expected that your trucks would be a Bedford or something with an engine about the size of a big chainsaw engine! Goes to show what I know about how you guys do it on the other side of the pond :beatsme...other than the EU banned Canadian sealskin. You mentioned you're out of business...is this something to do with the gov't stopping the job over logging right to the river? Doesn't a forestry silviculture consultant recommend to the landowners how to perform the logging? Funny, cut-to-length was all the rage in BC for a few years. In our corner of the province, we found that it cost us nearly $2 more per cubic meter than bringing the wood to the mill tree length. When you're logging 1.3 mmM3 per year, that $2 adds up. We only bring CTL wood in to help when the mill log processing equipment can't keep up with the sawmill equipment. Jon.
Varkligen kul att fa se pa bilderna !:drinkup
Some more pic's from Norway My friend operating his Owren T3 yarder with a radio control from the delimbing machine. He also invested in radio controlled chokers (not Johnson) and a similar but smaller radio control for the hooktender. This have been working fine for 3 years now!
More pic's More scenes of one of my T3 yarders, with Valmet 902 1986 mod delimber and ÖSA 250 1987 mod forwarder
Owren yarder Third picture is dedicated to the memory of Artur Lewandowski. He was killed in a tragic logging accident in Poland in january 2008, may he rest in peace.
The pick-up was cheap and nice and very convenient for my use, that's why I bought it. I see some of the logging contractors in Norway actually drive american 4WD car's. My impression is still that those really making money seem to run Skodas. It's actually the government's fault I'm allmost out of business, but not like you think. I just got back my old job as a governmental forester, tired of too much work for no money. In our countries 95% of the logging is done by harvesters and forwarders, and it's undoubtly the most efficient way to log here in Finland and Scandinavia today. Harwester/forwarder systems is close related to CTL and is the result of more than 50 years of development of logging methods that fits the nordic climate, property structure, forests and mills. But maybe still a big part of the development of logging methods turning in the CTL direction have been just coincidence?
Yarding in Selbu, Norway now Got one yarder in work again after the winter. The other yarder have been parked for one year, impossible to find a crew for it.
Very awesome pictures. Thanks for sharing.
Problems Last week this machine skidded off a rock and started to spin. Result you see in the pictures, not possible to get up or down. I had evaluated the rock and found it unnescecary to blast :tong. I was not there when it happened but we got a bypassing excavator operator to look at it, and he was not willing to try and push the machine back on the "road". He suggested to try a 50 ton Cat excavator parked just 8 km away (!). The owner of the Cat looked at the job, and beside machine being a big job to move there he thought it seemed risky for the yarder to tip and suggested it a much better idea to use some heavy truck rescue winches. This company went up looking at the job and was willing to do it for a pretty high price. And then he says why don't you just make a new road on the outside and back the tractor down on that? End of story, while some locals standing there saying "wasn't that just what we said...", the first excavator operator built some road and we had machine on flat ground in 2 hours...
Nice pictures, pretty country, seems a shame that you can't find enough workers to get the other machine working. Looks like the path could of been a little wider before you started up it to begin with. Throw in some wet muddy slick old rocks to get the machine cross ways. Glad the out come wasn't to costly and pretty easy.
TorkelH, thanks for sharing how it's done on that side of the pond. Can you give some detail on your yarders, engine size, reach? The cable size seems very small yet you are yarding some nice turns for small wood. What kind of line speeds? Are these the only size made by the manufacturer? What tree species are you logging and the values? I've only worked in Redwood country, so I'm not familiar with south pacific and nordic logging Thanks for sharing here and on youtube, I enjoy your videos.
Owren yarders I have 2 of these Norwegian build Owren T3 yarders http://www.owren.no/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=23&Itemid=40 . The T3 modell developed into the Owren 400 yarder. The company also built some smaller yarders in the 80's. The carrier of my yarders is old Volvo forwarders form mid 70's the SM969 an SM971 http://app.elmia.se/classic/files/volvobm969skot1976.pdf and http://app.elmia.se/classic/files/volvobm971skot1972.pdf , they have Volvo 6 cylinder D70B engines, Twin Disc torque converters and Volvo transmissions. The yarders power source is a Deutz BF9136L 175 hp air cooled engine, very reliable, drives 3 Sauer Sundstrand series 90 reversible variable displacement hydraulic pumps with separate circuits to each drum motor. It is electrohydraulic controlled. The theoretical idea was to get a hydrostatic regenerative winch, but the idea don't work too well in the real world. It still is a reliable and inexpensive yarder with low maintenance budget, and we can guy it up in almost anything. Machine has a 45 ft hydraulical retracted one piece tower and 4 manually tightened 3/4" guylines. Max line speed is about 25 ft/s. The manufacturer have built about 20 of these machines, some of them was exported to Scotland and also interior BC. The last 10 years they have only licence built these yarders in east russia, truck mounted, for logging there. I think at least 25 units have been built there. Present it is only 7 contractors doing yarding in Norway, 2 of them run Austrian made Konrad yarders http://www.forsttechnik.at/mounty-general-information/ , 1 run a Norwegian built yarder based on a Canadian Lantec winch and the rest is Owren. Just ask if you like some more information! I am looking forward to see pictures of the 6255 when it comes to work, and I also hope you have some pictures to post of the 199's logging old growth redwood! Here is the only picture I have of an 199 logging!
TorkelH, thanks for the info on your yarders and logging in Norway. My Son is supposed to be getting pictures of the Thunderbird/madill....turns out it is a 255B model...though I can't say I know the difference in the 255 & the 255B. He said they had a few kinks to work out of the machine, bit it is working well now. He said it had good power and was FAST!! I tried to get all the info out of him I could, engine...line sizes....etc....he's not old enough now to appreciate what engineering marvels this stuff is...... On the 199.........I was a kid then too.....in my 20's & 30's.......I never gave it a second thought about getting pictures of this stuff........I spent 20 years logging old growth Redwood........didn't see the writing on the wall.........sure wish I had. I do know alot of the guys I worked with.......I'll see if I can round up some pictures. I'll also see if i can find out what happened to the 199's when they switched over to logging second growth
TorkelH, In post 22 you mentioned that Owren built some smaller yarders in the 80's. Do you have any info on them? I run into alot of projects that could use a small......small yarder. We have a hydraulic winch on our chipper. But the real deal would speed things up alot. I've played with the idea of building my own small.....small hydraulic yarder. Contract Logger posted some pics on his site that looked facinating. Any way, any info is appreciated.
You should check out Koller yarders. They are built in Austria, but there is a U.S. dealer in Oregon. I'm sure they have a website - you'd have to google it. They have two small models that run off a tractor PTO that might work for you. The yarders are mechanical rather than hydrastatic (Driveline to worm-drive gear box. Skyline and mainline on same shaft with cluthes on outside of drums). Extremely simple, yet very reliable. In the right place, they are pretty darn efficient. Put them it too big of timber and they won't work.
I visited the Koller manufacturing plant in Austria last fall, and I was impressed by the strongness and quality in their production and products. They also have an american site: http://kollerna.com/?what=content&id=74&cat=2&cat1=21
The small Owren "Variokran" All hydrostatic, in production in the 80's. Produced by Trygve Owren, Vingrom, Norway. I only seen this yarder mounted on the small tracked carrier.
Some Igland yarders/winches First and last pic is combi winch 4002S, pic 2 and 3 is the Alp-winch (which was widely exported) and pic 4 is a model called 203 Interlock.
One more Igland winch Igland telescope, pretty common yarder in Norway in the 80's.
Thanks TorkelH for the info and pictures.......that Igland 203 is just about the size I am looking for for our firebreak work. Anything that size make it to the states? I'd love to mount something like that on the front of a Bobcat t320..... On the larger yarders like your Owren T3, they don't seem to spool the lines very well. Do you find that to be a problem? Does it cause extra line wear? We were always carefull on the larger towers to keep the lines spooled well to avoid crushing lower layers. I know the drum pull is much more on the big yarders.
Even in the BC interior they use similar yarders. I have a picture or two of one. I'll post it in the morning.
I look forward to see some pictures of small yarders in the interior KW850&T800H! I would think it also is a lot of small yarders on the East Coast, so Redwood Climber; try a search on internet. I enjoy your pic's KW850&T800H so keep on posting!
Hehe - you absolute need also these machines to spool as well as possible, or you'll damage the lines. The drum sides is very weak from the manufacturer and on this machine I have put on 1" sides on the haulback and left main to prevent them from bending out. We use the right main for slackpulling only so it is not the big forces involved here and the drum have bent sides which lead to poor spooling on the outer layers. We had some problems with a bearing on the haulback sheave that lead to bad spooling (we couldn't figure out the reason) for a while, but we have changed that now.
Ohhh, my pictures can't be that good! Someone tell us what yarder this is? A couple around there.
That is a Skylead C40 (60?). I believe they were built in Enderby. Usually mounted on a skidder or a truck. I think they trailer mounted some too. Its hard to tell but it looks like that one is mounted on a 640 John Deere. Usually they mounted them on Clark 668C's. When I was thinking about buying one they told me to supply the skidder and they would build a yarder on it. There was one working in Hazelton for a while in the early 90's. They had their limitations but they were alright in the right ground.
Now that you mention John Deere 640, it is a 640. Also, if you look at the mountains behind it, I don't think this machine suites those as well, but I know the 071'as and 009's a few meters away do. There are some small valleys here that will work though.
There certainly is alot of good Timber going to waste here in Norway,especially the West Coast.I felled and left about 2hectares of 50 year old Spruce so the owner could see the Ocean from his Cabin.Sad thing was that the Trees stood on a Platou so a Dozer or Skidder could have taken them to the Road with ease.
Most people here are a lot more concerned about seeing the ocean than producing anything at all, still I think it's like that in more or less all western countries...
Not so much. Norway dosn't make anything now,its too expensive to manufacture anything here because of high Labour and material costs.So many people work for the Government or in jobs that are funded by the Tax payer i really can't beleive it.I mean importing Firewood from Estonia?Come on! The Nation will realise when the Oil runs out that they can't eat money.
Those are some really cool pictures! Some pictures can make the terrain seem easier going than it actually is but you can really see how steep the ground is there! I would love to visit Norway again one day and see some machines working!
Yarding at Slapgardsholmen, Verdal in Norway Some pictures from yesterday of my yarder standing at public road in Verdal, Norway.
Yarding at Slapgardsholmen, Verdal in Norway (2) cont'd...
Yarding in Balestrand, Norway Nice view of the Sognefjord from above the landing... My friend Torbjørn's newest yarder - trailer mtd Konrad 3000. This tower contains skyline, main and straw, carriage (Woodliner 3000) is self propelled and self containing the dropline.
Yarding in Balestrand (2) Doosan excavator with Konrad Woody 40 combination harvesting head/grip.
I dont chime in much,But this is really cool to see,harvesting systems from the other side of the world.That part of the world has actually been years ahead in smaller yarding systems & technology,very efficient designs .I have the highest respect for what you do with these different pieces of yarding and processing gear.Thanks for this.A logging field trip across the globe!!
And - as an extra service in the logging field trip across the globe series - I shoot some 5 minutes of video of Torbjørns yarder and excavator working - I'll try get it out on youtube today!
Here's a Skylead that I found in Terrace, BC this summer. It looks like its been parked for a while. There's no money in logging with these any more.
Igland Telescope Here is an Igland Telescope tractor mounted running skyline yarder for sale in Norway now, produced in the 1980's and early 90's.
Very cool pics.
Igland Yarder for sale in Norway So what does a yarder like this one go for in Norway? Also what does that convert to in US dollars? Cool looking yarder. Thank you Sir.
Hello Redwood! The advertiser have 2, they're set at around $ 7 500,-. Depends a little what equipment you want with. He says in the ad he has some carriages and rigging for intermediate. I would guess you can ship this for 4000 to the west coast if you check around.
hi redwood climber Have you ever considered making a skyline with big drums this eliminates the crushing action on the lower layers of the drum.This also makes it easier to syncronise the drums to work together,we run a skyline set up mounted on a 22ton excavator with a range of 350m without tie backs .i will attach a photo of it when i can work out how to,sorry this is my first time on the forum.
Welcome Sliperytimberja Welcome to the forum! Yes, please post your pictures when you are able, usually after five posts. I hope you have better luck at posting pictures than I do, I'm a little over my head with computers.......I don't seem to find the pull starter on it.......again, welcome!
home made graple yarder hi Torkelh Fair play to you,the film of your graple yarder working on you tube is great and so quick. I have drawn plans up to make a small yarder graple, but the forestry engineer we use was killed by a forwarder tyre blowing up when he was heating the wheel nuts to remove a tyre of a Ponsse. So it looks like i shall have to get the gas axe out and start cutting it out myself. I am curious as to how you control the third drum on your orwen as on the photos there only seems to be two, four way levers? Aso how thick was the steel you have used as weight has to be a issue with a small yarder like yours and mine. Many thanks for the photos of yarders in norway, its great to see small yarders in action like ours in the uk. Please keep posting photos, they are compelling viewing. many thanks
Hi sliperytimberja! Grapple was made of 1" Hardox 400 (I think). Weight is about 250 kgs and it was like running a feather compared to the 3-section drum carriages we normally use. You'll find drawings at Johnson's home page. Just make sure the opening is as big as possible, best more than 2,5 m. There is many Owren yarders working in Scotland, they are 3-drum machines run by two joysticks. Left hand is a one axis for the haulback, and right hand is a two axis for the two main drums set up such that when you push it all way forward you will give out line on both drums and hence pulling when you pull it back. Any sideways motion will make the drums change speed related to each other. It should be possible to make this an all one handed operation by steering the haulback with the pressure from the main on inhaul and vise versa on outhaul. Its also a maybe more simple way to do this, if you have 2 drums and one is pretty wide. Put a flange in the middle of the main drum and with a small third drum and some blocks you can make a line shorterner
yarder tips HI Torkelh, Thanks for the tips about the grapple yarder,i had a jaw opening width of 2m on my plans so perhaps i better draw my plans a little bigger after you recomend 2.5m. Yes controling the haulback with the used oil out of the main line with one lever is a wonderfull idea but getting it to work in practice takes some doing,we have had ours working for the last six years like this. One lever with one three position switch operates the yarder,Switch to the left operates left drum to the right the right and in the middle both drums. move the lever to left or right operates aditional brakes for drum on the side the lever is tilted to we found yarding down hill it gave us some aditional control of heavy loads. Your owren yarder looks a verey neat setup what is the maximiun range you can haul from?Also you mention the controls are conected to the yarder by wire,the photo of your friends owren he has them on his knee is this radio control from orwen or has he modified it?has it been sucessfull? regards sliperytimberja of 1" Hardox 400 (I think). Weight is about 250 kgs and it was like running a feather compared to the 3-section drum carriages we normally use. You'll find drawings at Johnson's home page. Just make sure the opening is as big as possible, best more than 2,5 m. There is many Owren yarders working in Scotland, they are 3-drum machines run by two joysticks. Left hand is a one axis for the haulback, and right hand is a two axis for the two main drums set up such that when you push it all way forward you will give out line on both drums and hence pulling when you pull it back. Any sideways motion will make the drums change speed related to each other. It should be possible to make this an all one handed operation by steering the haulback with the pressure from the main on inhaul and vise versa on outhaul. Its also a maybe more simple way to do this, if you have 2 drums and one is pretty wide. Put a flange in the middle of the main drum and with a small third drum and some blocks you can make a line shorterner[/QUOTE]
This thread is awesome.
Owren yarder - grapple The Owren yarder is very easy modified to a radio control unit since everything is 24 Volt or lover electrical. It's a company delivering thesed units and the last Owren delivered (to Scotland, on a Timberkjack 1410D carrier had radio control. It's also possible for the spotter/chaser to operate the yarder. These yarders can go for 350 metres, up to 500 if you like loosing money! In canyon yarding they even make ok on 400 to 450 metres. Most of the newer yarders from Owren is delivered with a skyline. Try get up to 2,5 metres on the grapple, but be aware of the extra weight! Because 2,5 metres as 100 m distance look like 5 mm!
Skylead Yarder Sorry Torkel, not quite Norway, but I spent some time with these guys in the Upper Skagit Valley, WA, and enjoyed watching them steep slope corridor thinning with their 40' Skylead yarder. Neat opperation.
hi log frog,Good photos Its aways nice to see how guys in diffrent parts of the world do it,What range was the skylead working at and what carriage were they using? They seem to have a very tidy outfit, any more photos? QUOTE=log frog;331613]Sorry Torkel, not quite Norway, but I spent some time with these guys in the Upper Skagit Valley, WA, and enjoyed watching them steep slope corridor thinning with their 40' Skylead yarder. Neat opperation. View attachment 86488 View attachment 86489 View attachment 86490 [/QUOTE]
They were strung out around 350 mtrs, using intermediate supports and a tail spar. Eaglet carriage. Lots of tension on that skyline to keep the logs climbing into the corridor and avoid damage to the retained trees. Tree feller bucks to length. I swear this guy could climb as fast as I could walk! Half plastic culvert pipes are bought back on the carriage and used to protect vulnerable trees in the corridor
Thanks log frog for more photos of the skyline operation using the skylead, it looks some good timber that they were thining. In the uk this would of probably be felled before it got this big. Most of our mills don't like timber much above 50cm top, unless it is Douglass Fir or Spruce. Some specialised mills pay a premium for these large logs but other species start droping dramaticaly in value if they are 40+ as the mills are all geared up to small diamater logs. Its good to see so many other people on this forum who are fanatical about harvesting timber, it seems to be the same all over the world once you have got the forestry bug you've had it. Keep posting i am sure i am not the only one who finds it compeling viewing.
Thanks Slipery. These guys run a great operation. Low capital cost but highly skilled in a niche market. While other clear cut crews lay idle due to market conditions, these guys work on because they add value to the forest. Processor is Forestri (european? someone will tell me)
http://www.alpinelogging.co.za/index.html The home of South African built yarders, used mostly for pine saw timber and pulp operations, the exported units are somewhere in Asia (I think Indonesia...) yarding Acacia mangium for pulp (those are the ones with the remote controlled grapple carriages and the grapple loaders clearing the chute, also the two blue Powerplus units with orange grapples, see the Photo Gallery). The excavator bases that call themselves 'Bell' are Kato machines sold by Bell Equipment. Once the timber has been felled and debranched, the yarders go to work decking the timber, then a Bell three wheeler moves in to index the stems and assist in the cross cutting (excavator conversions are used for this in Asia).
Here is Eco Log's small Koller, I believe that is their other side posted just above. 3 man and 1 woman side with the woman running the yarder and also chasing, then a hand bucker, loader operator, and a guy out in the brush. Pictures taken in Skagit County, NW Washington.
Hey, WOW! Just stumbled across your pics. Been highlead logging on coast of BC. Retired now. Love those pics. Ahh! Looks like a lot of fun especially if one can stay focused. Logging like this is too much fun to be called a job! Take care.
I believe it's Foresteri. A Finnish made processor
Hope this thread pics back up. It is very informative. I would love to have an Alpine set up. They seem pretty fast compared to the American built yoeder/shovel set-ups. Does anyone know of any U.S. comp. that can compare to the Alpine or beat it in production
Just putting the finishing touches to my grapple yarder project,finish the carriage and strap the video camra into its box and we are finished.but we have no three way slider has any one got some photos they could post please , it might save some time in development or has anyone had any luck in spliceing the slackline into the haul in ? Any ideas would be gratfully received . Regards Slippery
Hello Sire! Must say I really look forward to see your grapple! I have recently been thinking of using my grapple in production, not at least since I have a very eager crew, but I would as well need a 3-way-slider. I have been taking pictures of those, and given it's sunday and off-work tomorow I'll look through some of my pictures see if I find pictures of one.
Three-way-slider Ok - Here's some pictures, hope that helps!
I built a three way two years ago because my one was worn out so I have a few tips. If you use a ring like the fourth photo in Torkel's post the front main (slackpuller) will last longer. I welded the ring on mine. It is important to get the positions of all the holes the ropes are threaded through in the correct place or the ropes will wear on the carrage. Measure the distance the sheaves on the carrage are appart and also the sheave diameter. Position the holes one the three way so they match the carrage. It is useful to offset the becket for the rear main so that it attaches over the grapple rope. If you dont do this the three way will sit cocked when the grapple is closed. This causes the rope to kink near the furrle which weakens it. Hope that helps
TorkelH Veldig bra bilder! Naturen minner meg om The Great Pacific Mountain Range! Takk!
I'm sure i'm not the only one slipperyja waiting to see a photo or two of your progress?!?!?!
Grapple project Hi folks, Sorry for not posting sooner as I work away from home. Special thanks to Forpo, Torkelh and Cat3208 for the information and photos that you have provided regarding the 3 way sliders. My grapple project is coming along nicely. I have half finished the slack-line drum and carriage. I needed an ego-boost so I decided to try out the grapple on our skyline using a locking Koller carriage. This has been successful but frustrating as I have had to grind and cut the grapple to make it work. I will post some photos tomorrow. My ultimate plan is to be able to run the grapple on the carriage and also on the slack-line, which will give me more flexibility.
These photos show grapple project inspired by Torkelh 1) wooden prototype 2&3)being built in workshop
Looking pretty sharp then!cool project-well done
Hey sliperytimberja! That looks hot! It's very sharp! Good job for your project!
I'm looking for an operators manual for an 1996 Owren 400. I bought one out of Northern BC, and am getting geared up to go chase some small wood down on Vancouver Island. Any advice or tips from the small yarder pro's are welcome.
I don't know if they made a manual for it... Left joystick is hb, away from you is in on hb (carriage hauling back), towards is giving line out on hb. Right h joystick straight away from you - out on mains, towards you - in on mains. Right - in on right main(tag) and out on left main, left - in on left main and out on right main. 3 section drum carriage working well on running skyline. Also a sky drum.
may easy be converted to full radio control, hooktender may run yarder out and landing operator may take over at landing.
looks great slippyjack, hopefully we can see a youtube video soon????........TIO
Hope you don't mind me posting some other small European yarders in this thread. This is the University of Idaho's Koller K300. It is mounted on the 3 point hitch of a 70hp 4wd Valtra tractor. It is primary used as a teaching aid for Forest Operations students and also used to harvest some timber by the student logging crew on the school forest. It's equipped with a Koller SKA-1 carriage.
Some more...
My "new" Owren yarder Just finished this two weeks ago. Need to change/repair a hydraulic pump before I get it up and working. Machine sold new to interior BC and imported back by me. Carrier is a Volvo A25C articulated dump truck.
some more
Thanks for sharing, looks like a great rig,look forward to see it in operation! Brings back memories when i mounted a telescoping crane with rock drilling equipment on a Moxy, very similar look, but thats another story. Sigurd
have ya got her up and logginyet Torkel?How about you slipperyja?