What model would you guys recommend ? I need it to be smaller...basically i need it to fit on a 24ft tilt deck trailer under 25000 lbs. I need it to fit in tight areas...articulate and sharp turning for narrow and tight turn roads. I need to maintain existing gravel roads and sometimes restore crown. Thanks guys...we just sold our 720a ...it was too big
https://www.leeboy.com/products/G700b-motor-grader/ Guy that I know has one and is enchanted with it.
deere 570b
That appears Compact loader sized, surprised not single rear axle. Someone should start marketing a New design Speed Patrol type machine. Small maneuverable, easy to locate repair parts and durable.
I am going to see a 2017 leeboy on tuesday....570 deere is a little long and board is a bit too wide..
If you are looking at a used Leeboy make sure and check out the welding on the frame. They used to skip weld everything and cracks would appear at the starts and stops of the welds.
Calder Bros have their Mauldin. Ten foot moldboard, rear mount ripper, front bucket, four wheel drive. We had a Puckett Bros for years, then an Alitec, now 2 Mauldin. We use them for driveways,, parking lots and narrow streets
Thanks for the info....the leeboy im looking is a 2017 brand new left over stock...still has full warranty ....wonder why it did not sell...mind u economy is quite bad in alberta right now
I think Leeboy and the compact Champion are the same now. We have a Leeboy asphalt spreader. It's ok but no one loves it especially the mechanics.
Keep in mind that the Leeboy articulates in front of the cab not behind
Oh did not know that...thanks...will have to try that out....
So would that be the G80/86? Or something smaller? I remember Abernathy posting that they had sold a model to Leeboy with the understanding they’d manufacture it for them, then got cut out of the deal. Olds Concrete had a 80(? I think). I seen it on the street. Wasn’t able to talk to anybody on how they liked it.
The one i am going to see is a 700 model
Not sure, but it still looks similar in design.
I thought about a Royal 80 for doing home owners associations here. Handy looking but considering I have ever seen only one... I thought support may be difficult. Couple of vids on YouTube.
Heres one...
Sounds like Perkapillar or Kubota power. Looks like quite handy.
Kinda looks like it was based on a Cat 910
This is the derivative of the original AC65 grader. Plenty for sale at machinerytrader.com. If they kept all the DNA intact, the current model will be equipped with the infamous "Roll-Away Moldboard". Big plus on a small grader. https://www.noram65.com/
Sort of looks like Gehl or Ingersoll.
Wow just tried a noram 65e....awesome machine with power shift....not cheap though but VERY nice....dealer is pricing out new one with frt 9 shank, 6x6, cab ac heat, slope kit, 10ft blade...just over 17000 lbs....very nice...thanks guys...btw WAY higher quality than leeboy.
Since CAT no longer makes a small grader, the NORAM is in the CAT rental fleet. Champion graders appear to have been gobbled up by Volvo and later discontinued. Anyone know any different about Champion, please hold forth.
Somebody bought the compact grader line and the Champion name from Volvo in the early 2000's. Champion was still building compact graders 4-5 years ago, but looks like they stopped sometime recently. According to my local Cat dealer, the Noram is based on the Fiat Allis 65B and built by Weiler.
Was gonna suggest the M65, I knew it is still being produced, but forgot the new monicker.. Just saw this, over at the AC forum... https://www.noram65.com/noram-story/ If you're feeling nostalgic, here's the grand-daddy of the line...
Champion C86C
Can't buy them anymore
still like my 570b lopro cab pretty handy for small parking lots big enough for many jobs
Just did 2 days on a Noram 65E, nice little grader, standard Cat control lay out, torque converter drive 120 hp, only thing a bit strange was it pivots in front of the cab and not behind like Cat, nice wee grader for a small grader.
Took me awhile to wrap my head around the physics of a machine that is designed to push a draw frame that pulls a load in front of you. Moving the pivot point forward would for sure make you follow the action differently. This would also distribute more weight to the push end and less wieght on the pull end. Was this Noram a front wheel drive and/or lean wheel? Weighted on front? I might like the concept if the pull end can still do its job.
The Noram was being handled by the Cat dealer in my area when I left there. It is very high end in build quality and price compared to Leeboy and others of its size range. I've looked at the Noram, Allis, Leeboy, John Deere, Dresser, Komatsu and Champion as well as more Cats than I can remember. After running a Cat I couldn't find the cutting edges on a Leeboy or the Champion. On the Cat and others the front axle stays with the cab and you can feel every rock or dip the front end takes. On the Leerboy and the early Deere the controls weren't intuitive and from the cab I always seemed to be in slow motion to the machine. I suppose I could have gotten used to it but never had the time required to tune my brain to grab the right handle without looking at it at or before the front end took a dive or jump from going over a bump in the grade path. I've seen a couple of operators do magic with a Leeboy and thought that they probably weren't making the money they were worth.
It had wheel lean but was not six wheel drive.