Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Snorkel 4084 stalling

roguewarrior ยท 2023-08-13 21:23

I have a snorkel 4084 that I purchased recently and it starts fine when choked but as soon as the choke is removed it stalls. It has a new fuel pump and it seems to have a newer carb. I have checked spark plugs, air filter, put new fuel in, adjusted the carb. Does anyone have any other ideas? Thanks for your help.

Replies4
  1. #1thepumpguysc2023-08-14 01:29

    If it runs with the choke on but shuts off when the choke is removed, u have a blocked main jet..

  2. #2roguewarrior2023-08-14 08:27

    I will definitely look at that next. I just found that on a YouTube video late last night. Crossing my fingers. I am at my wits end. Thank you for the advice.

  3. #3roguewarrior2023-08-14 08:36

    A mechanic friend of mine and I looked at it yesterday and ran a bottle of mechanic in a bottle through it for about 5 minutes. I am going to pull the jet and look at it. My buddy seemed to think it was electrical because it seemed I was losing power when the choke was removed. Anything else I might look at on the electrical side?

  4. #4roguewarrior2023-08-16 10:56

    Figured this one out. Not what I thought it would be at all so I wasn't even looking there but it ended up being the linkage for the carb throttle assembly. Runs well now.