Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Snorkel TB 60 no drive

maoffroader · 2014-03-13 08:55

I have a 1999 Snorkel TB 60 with all hydraulic functions working EXCEPT drive, neither forward nor reverse is working. The last time I used this machine (2 weeks ago), everything was working fine and it is kept in a heated shop. I have been online and got copies of the parts breakdown manual, the troubleshooting guide and operator's manual. While the troubleshooting guide is good with flowcharts, the wire numbers they tell you to test do not coincide with those on the machine. The hydraulic level is in the operating range. I am wondering if someone has an idea where to start or knows right off the bat the top 3 things it could be. As of yet the other issues I have had with the lift were simple fuel supply issues. Thank you in advance for any help.

Replies4
  1. #1barklee2014-03-13 18:41

    I have a 2002 TB 60 that does the same thing once in a great while. I havent really ever figured out what it was but im pretty sure it stems from the drive controller. I would start there by testing to make sure its sending out a signal when stroked and then check the corresponding coil at the base of the machine and make sure its energizing.

  2. #2maoffroader2014-03-13 21:31

    Were you able replace the coil and the problem went away? Not sure if your machine is similar to mine but…I might as well ask. Where is the location of the coil on the machine if you are at the rear of the machine staring at the radiator? Also, have you found a manual that can be used to tear down and rebuild these machines? I know on all my CAT machines I am able to get a manual from which I can completely tear down and rebuild everything with step by step instructions. Thank you for your help.

  3. #3barklee2014-03-13 23:24

    I dont know if this is the step by step you mean like a Chilton for a car but this would be the only literature there is that i know of. http://www.snorkellifts.com/Manuals.aspx From here just click at the top on which manual you want and then choose your year model. I think this link is the manual for your machine http://www.snorkellifts.com/Downloads/Full_Manuals_Library/220082169.pdf All of these TB 60 machines are essentially the same from 1988 to at least 2006 and probably more recently (90% sure). I really dont know if my machine is fixed or not, the problem is so intermittent. If your facing the rear of the machine walk around the right side and lift the rear most hood. The control valves should be mounted on the right side under the hood on the frame structure vertically, or just below those valves. They will be the ones with the wires coming out of the ends with the waterproof ends. I would start with that and see if the valves are getting signal from the controller when you call for a function. I think mine has a gremlin in the actual controller, if you play with the wires it seems to work and straighten out for a while. These controls are very expensive and i dont want to just throw it away and start over but ive had a mechanic look at it a couple different times and they cant get it. So the next time it breaks i think a new controller will be forth coming! Definitely post what ends up happening with your machine, and i will do the same. I dont need mine right now so you might figure it out before me........ Good luck

  4. #4barklee2014-03-13 23:29

    Just found this http://snorkelusa.com/Downloads/Full_Manuals_Library/0082801.pdf Look at page 61, this is the procedure for drive system not working.