Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Snow Blade has arrived!

micmut · 2026-01-12 11:28

After receiving to new plow am looking for suggestions to get it to work? It on a Cat 930K vin CAT0930KTRHN01765 Looking for where to plug it in? What pigtail to use for power for the blade?

Replies19
  1. #1cuttin edge2026-01-12 13:28

    Is it a snow wing brand

  2. #2Simon C2026-01-12 13:49

    Schematic will show if it has the plug or not, also where it is hiding. Maybe Nige can get you one. Good of you to post serial number as there is a lot of updates and changes on some models. Simon C

  3. #3micmut2026-01-12 14:58

    I have found a few free pigtails that are not being used could I find power for the remote control? Some are from the new wiring harness that we replaced. Or do I need to run power from the fuse box or battery?

  4. #4cuttin edge2026-01-12 15:51

    Our machines had 3rd valve function but no electrics on the boom. 3rd valve angled the blade. A small extension was fastened to the 3rd valve lever with a right and left button to control your gates. All 3 blades were dealer installed on Volvo loaders so not sure where they picked up power. People didn't believe how much faster we could plow by installing winter tires, now most local contractors run snow tires on their loader. My boss didn't believe how much faster you could plow with these blades. Last year they bought 1 now they have 3

  5. #5micmut2026-01-12 18:43

    There is a pigtail on the front, Could this be used for power or would it cause issues?

  6. #6Simon C2026-01-12 18:45

    If a person had a schematic and wire number the answer would be easier to give. Simon C

  7. #7HarleyHappy2026-01-13 09:37

    Not sure what exactly you’re looking for. Anything can be grabbed for power, it would certainly be better if you knew what it was coming from. The box you showed, looks just to be a terminal box, I do think I see one glass fuse in it? I would just pull power from wherever is convenient and put a correct size inline fuse holder for the controller, the bigger the feed the better. A picture of the controller and the power connector would probably be helpful.

  8. #8cuttin edge2026-01-13 11:23

    It looks like an antenna on the box. Maybe it has wireless controllers and all you need is power

  9. #9micmut2026-01-13 13:38

    Yes its a wireless controller only needing power for the receiver and to signal the solenoids, was hoping to find power closer on the boom rather then fishing and adding a wire to the fuse box or battery

  10. #10cuttin edge2026-01-13 13:57

    Any idea what the wiring on the boom is for. We have an L45 volvo, and it has electrical on the boom for attachments. It is wired into the joysyick

  11. #11micmut2026-01-13 14:01

    I have repaired the ratty wiring and hydric fitting and hoses, will now test to see if its going to work but still have to find a place to find power?

  12. #12micmut2026-01-13 16:51

    using a external battery the blade worked well, other then one of the wings will not extend but will retract. all other functions work! So I'm thinking its one of the solenoids not working or a coil open? Good news! I found a power point! Its a Deutsch connector. Now should I order pins and parts to be able to do it properly or just splice into it?

  13. #13masterwelder2026-01-13 17:54

    If it was me I would use the Deutsch connector. I don’t like to butch harnesses if I don’t have to.

  14. #14micmut2026-01-14 14:53

    all works well! just in time we are expecting 30 cm of snow!!!

  15. #15cuttin edge2026-01-14 15:05

    If that is the same as our 2 snow wing blades, there are alan head bolts in the bottom of the swing motors, and they back off sometimes. Kept an eye out if it is the same

  16. #16cuttin edge2026-01-17 08:58
  17. #17cuttin edge2026-01-17 10:39

    That's an L110 Volvo. I think it's a 22 footer when it's opened up

  18. #18micmut2026-01-19 18:14

    Very similar only that it looks like yours is hard wired and ours is remote control.

  19. #19cuttin edge2026-01-19 18:27

    Yeah I think the dealer came and did the install. Not sure how that electrical plug will last come summer. I think they made some type of shield for the plug on the loader with the metal pless blade.