Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

snow blower for case ct420 series 3

equip guy ยท 2012-10-04 18:28

Hii guys, With the winter comming close, I am looking at making some changes this season. I'm interested in putting a 72 inch snow blower on my case CT420 series 3 track machine, it only has standard flow hydraulics. I'm looking at the ernske brand. I am told don't expect any production with this due to standard flow hyd. I am mostly looking to do walks, and blow back piles as the snow piles up. I know snow type plays a role, but at a price tag of $7,000 I don't want to find out the hard way. My dealer has one customer with this unit and says I could possibly demo it after a storm. Not looking to add Hi flow kit, so what are your thoughts and experiences? Thanks in advance for your input.

Replies1
  1. #1KSSS2012-10-04 23:55

    The Erskine/QuickAttach are decent blowers. $7K is what I paid for my 84" high flow 2418. You should be about half that for a blower that is suitable for you sized machine. Your machine is not going to be that effective at blowing piles back. The snow is much more dense in a pile and pushing into the pile to blow it will over load the blower with only regular flow. However for the other areas you plan to use this blower for, the standard flow would be fine. Your machine makes good aux flow. Erskine/QuickAttach will match your machines flow to the appropriate hyd. motor to optimize your performance.