Playing around here, trying to make an old design work better. It’s really able to clear the moldboard and does not block the flow rolling off the end - unlike the previous model.
When it’s up it’s got a big window for the wind row.
Who can tell me what this extended case is for on these valve banks? The first aux valve is normal then the second and 3rd have twice as long of a housing. I looked in the TM and all it says is “extended housing” ?? What does it do??
I notice the lift valves on my old 730A have a longer cap on the valves. I thought maybe for float position but it doesn't have float. Maybe there's a detent position on the valve or an option like that that requires the longer housing.
Yeah looking at all the diagrams that would be a good guess, but these AUX valves don't have a float detent position either. The valve right inboard of it is blade lift and it does.
Wonder if the valves have an option to lock on for continuous flow like a skid steer aux. valve? I think that requires a longer cap too.
The longer cap valves on this lever have float lock built in, so that was it.
well we got about 10 hours of work out of it before we had a hose failure. I had a little fear this could happen but also thought it was just another “possible” scenario but unlikely - snow and ice build up inside the boxed mount put hoses in a bind at full lift and kinked the lower, causing it to fail. So we’re on the outside now. Test session #2 at 4am….
Can you put it in float? For the snow gate hoses, maybe 4 wire would stand up better
You might have to knock some ice off, but now you can see it.