Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Snow plow quick hook up ideas?

JS580SL ยท 2017-01-17 15:05

Have a 580SM with a standard bucket. Have a set of ears bolted in the bucket. Curious to see anyone else's setups if they have made their own custom quick attach setups?

Replies5
  1. #106Pete2017-01-17 16:07

    On my 580SK I took a old truck frame and cut it down to fit the curve of the bucket, welded ears on top to hold the frame on top and a chain binder to pull it tight. That way I'm only left ears on the top of the inside of bucket. Everybody says the plow if to far forward but it seems to work fine so far. Ill try to get pictures tomorrow.

  2. #2xgiovannix122017-01-17 18:27

    I just made a pusher style blade for my backhoe and my telehandler Works good I drive into it and chain it down with a binder

  3. #3JS580SL2017-01-17 19:01

    I'm running a 10ft fisher p/a on it so I need to be able to keep it held tight on center. I have ideas but curious too see what others do.

  4. #4xgiovannix122017-01-17 20:38

    The blade I made actually stays on center I never had it move

  5. #5Willie B2017-01-18 07:13

    I built a frame consisting of two runners passing under the bucket, and at front two spacers to account for the thickness of the cutting edge, then 10" deep into bucket. On top of these, a 3" square tube cross bar equipped with ears to pivot a 9' Myers plow frame. Chains, and binders run up the back of the bucket to the top edge. A chain from the lift eyes on the bucket looping to the plow lift it. Angle is with a pin. If I had long road to plow it'd work fine. Hold the bucket just above the ground, If it hits it skids along. In my case I need maneuverability in tight driveways. Houses where I live are old. They were built before snow plows were invented. Few have a place to pile snow at the end of a driveway. I find I need the bucket to remove snow. The plow has sat in the weeds for several years. Willie