Just an update from my winter snow plowing debacle's. After a record snowfall or close to it, The company I was service provider for(landtech snowservices) first decided to not pay after 30days as was in the contract.Then since not enough people had enoungh money in their snowfunds to cover the many snow events, they decided to settle with them.Long story short I was deducted 10% of my invoices to just get paid. I wasn`t making that much to start with. My advice to anyone in PA, NY and MD stay away from Landtech. on the bobcat front, snow plowing ending the life of my tires(they were almost gone anyway)
That's always nice. I made a $52k donation to Abitibi Bowater paper company in April of 09 after they drug their feet to pay my Dec 08 invoice (duo in 45 days) They filed for bankruptcy protection then stopped payment on the cheq they finally sent late in March 09 I figure the new cogen plant built in Fort Frances belongs to the areas contractors, but like everthing else they have, it has been put up to secure credit. Sounds like even if they survive I'll still be offered $0.10 on the dollar. Joys of business
I have a couple stories like the above as well. I would kill to only have lost 10% of my invoice on several projects.