Looking at a hla 4500 12ft or martatch 12ft Opions on those with the bucket slide in to attach them to a case 580snwt Im on the west coast so we get wetter snow but I get paid per lot So thought 12ft would be a nice size without working the transmission to much by going to a 14ft
How are you going to move between jobs? 14' is pretty wide if your driving on the street.
The best width is enough to prevent snow falling back under your wheels. I plow the neighborhood with a 580K, a tractor lighter & less power than yours. I use just the front bucket. It's a slow process & the cutting edge is always parallel with the rear wheels. If the driveway isn't flat, I'm always scalping with one corner. When you get it, try "slot dozing". A bulldozer moving a lot of material over a large area pushes a slot. It may be necessary to start part way, push the capacity of your blade to the edge, then back further, repeat. Push out a series of these slots with snow between. Then clean up between. I find angled blades don't work very well with a backhoe. Too much leverage, the plow pushing the tractor sideways.
We run 10 footers on 675 and LB95 New Hollands, and it is the full of the machines arse in wet snow, even with snow tires. I run a 12 foot box on an L70F Volvo loader, and even with snow tires, it is a hard push in a 30cm wet snow.
Yes I think 14ft is to big to move down the road. Our snow "storms" are pretty light in size so think 12 should work pretty good. The main lot Im doing in massive with zero curbs and manhole covers so long straight pushes Thanks for all the input