Seems like a lot of leverage on the boom of the last machine, the whole machine rocks when he snugs it in.
Pretty specialized operation. I'm impressed those loaders handle it that well, looks wet and heavy.
I always figured those posts along highways would be a pain when clearing snow. Without them I think a wing on a grader would push more snow further back.
The complexity of operating the boom wing would take some getting used to. A lot going on there. Then add the instability of the machine..... Not that operator's first day for sure!!!!
Thanksgiving 2024 we got 60" of snow, the state brought in some graders with front plows & wings to the inner city. They did a very good job with the large front plow and the wing, all at once. Similar to what is shown in the video. Also was running one behind the main removing the ice, had the main moldboard down hard, front wheels looked real light. The rural townships did well with their Oshkosh's with large front and wing plows as well.