Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Snowblower conversion

Skid_der ยท 2015-11-14 14:52

Hi all...I need feedback to try to figure this one out...I am planning on converting a PTO snowblower to hydraulic. I know that my skidsteer puts out 15.6 GPM @ 3300 psi... I have calculated using a formula that I will need a 5.5 motor. When I contact the hydraulic motor suppliers they are asking me what rpm and torque that I need???? I know that PTO snowblower all run at 540 rpm...does skid steer snowblower run at the same rpm? Also the torque.... Anyone have specs on torque and rpm requirements for hydraulic snowblowers? Thank you

Replies7
  1. #1wrc2015-11-14 16:47

    search online for a skid to 3pt adapter. I remember seeing one produced with a hydraulic motor to run pto attachments. a buddy of mine has one he runs a brush hog and roto tiller for his Kubota tractor on the front of his skid sometimes. I'll try to get a brand and model number for you.

  2. #2Canadian_digger2015-11-14 17:31

    How wide of a blower is it? Is it just for personal use or you plan on cleaning multiple places with it? I had a 78" blower on a cat 252b. 21gpm. It did the job but I don't think I would want any less flow that that.

  3. #3Skid_der2015-11-14 18:08

    The blower is 64" wide...

  4. #4Tones2015-11-14 22:13

    Mate, go to http://www.southcott.com.au All the info is there, pressure, flow, hp requirements etc.

  5. #5DDoug2015-11-15 19:56

    Burdens surpluscenter. com sells hyd motors already with the p.t.o. splines cut in the shaft. Torque ? You stated a g.p.m., you want the 540 rpm, so torque will be whatever you get with your flow and pressure.

  6. #6Tones2015-11-16 06:04

    And the bigie that's all to forgotten, HORSEPOWER. Allow at least 20% for loss in transmission, it very important. I brought a machine with advertised spec's on one pump of 250litres per min @ 6000psi. Turns out that it required 230hp when it had only a 140hp engine.

  7. #7DDoug2015-11-16 07:54

    Yup, hydraulics use up 20% is what I was taught. But the heat will loss will help with the snow removal......