Hough H30 Payloader... Does it matter what hydraulic fluid I put in? Can I just grab some from AutoZone?
any good brand hyd oil should work fine
Just make sure the specs are the same as what is called for
Well... Not sure about the specs since I can't find any on the tractor. (H30G Diesel seems no one has heard of it...) Figured just saying h30 gives you guys an idea what I have.
From red power forums ---> "I dug out my Hough 30 books.You engine is a G263 IH engine. Hyd system calls for 10W motor oil and in severe service it should be 10W30 motor oil. Your brakes....front wheels adj thru slots at about 7 & 1 o'clock on backing plate.My manual shows a "star" adjusting wheel.The rear adj with cams located about 2 & 10 o'clock.Hopes this helps."
Thank you! You gave me a starting point.
It was common or older machines to spec motor oil for hydraulic systems, typically 10W. Cat and Kommie did the same on their vintage machines.
Those old dog machines had gear pumps and didn't care much what you ran in them.
You got that right John C. Gear pumps, open center valves, no hydrostat or load sensing systems, you could pour Wesson oil in those old rigs and make it work in a pinch.