So I am sure a couple people noticed my tracks were slightly out of adjustment. Well I finally got some segments put on my baby. What do y'all think? If interested I have a couple more pics.
well with that much sag you don't have to worry about shovelin the tracks out, lol.:drinkup
Truck looks sweet, tracks look sad.
As close as the guides are to the track pads, it looks like the rail height is wore down pretty bad as well. Rollers too. I guess segments will get it by a while, but it looks to be in need of a full UC job pretty soon.
get her on a soft slope and turn. instant coffee break.
damn - only those expert 973 operators from Albert can run machines in that bad of shape
Lets just say we choose to run it rather than some old piece of crap from the 90's. Here are a couple of better pictures of the rails and the bushings.... now tell me if you think this machine should go to the hospital and have some work done on her bottom end. And the 710G on site thats also at the hospital for a blown apart rear axle. This is the day when the foreman decided he would bring the backhoe over so I could use it. Unfortuneately he decided to drive it through a swamp with the extendahoe down a bit, in 2wd and well.... just being dumb.
The wear on the rails in pic 2 show the bottom rollers are toast. But then...every pic is toast. But we're going to replace segments...makes perfect sense.
Burnout, you could shave with those segments. Are you serious about putting on new segment against the used parts? I will bet Rollover Pete would like to run that rig out in the desert when he is 40 miles from his pickup. ATCO thanks for the laugh, my back is killing me 2day so it's hard to even smile.
Looking at the rest of the pics, the segments seem to be the best of whats left. Maybe the idler is a little better, but not much. I bet it rides really nice, what with the roller flanges bouncing over every bushing. I had a D-9H that looked that way once. Took a torch to the rollers and trimmed about 1/2 inch off of all the flanges to smooth out the ride, and got another 800 hours out of it. When it finally went to the shop for new UC, we had to push it onto the lowboy. It would not even climb the ramps. Got the job done pushing to a 980 loader though.
Thanks for the laugh, that brings back a lot of memories.
Jeez , you mean their not going to weld bolts on the sprocket tips?
love the carnage
I'll grab you guys some pics of the new segments with the old UC. She is still sitting on site waiting for the chiefs to figure out what to do with her. I am just finishing up this site so I am bouncing between the 14G and the 973. My beast hasnt moved in almost a week and a half. And one of the other guys walked our 312 out of its tracks. It's all fun on a site when we're finishing up.
What...everything falls apart when ur finishing up? :falldownlaugh
Yep... when we have real work to get done stuff not allowed to break down. It's against the rules. I did have some fun in the 14G today though. Amazing that a 14G that came over on the ark along with the 627 we have on site is in better shape than the 14H Waiward had with 1000hrs.
That makes cry on the inside.
Seriously this 14G is awesome. It's nice and tight, got good cutting edges, brand new tires, new engine, repacked cylinders and tons of snot that the 14H didn't. About the only thing I can complain about is the clutch feels a little weird and the engine lugs right down when you use the circle turn, articulate or 3rd gear. I do know one thing though, you can't beat an old Cat engine. I was ripping with her today and had er bogged right down to the point where the alt. light was coming on but it recovered every time. The lack of gauges kinda sucks too, but its not soo bad.
WOW Is your a foreman a Newfie by any chance? :falldownlaugh
Actually....yes he is. But not one of the smart ones. He is one of those ones that you kinda wonder if he is related to those gas sniffers over in Labrador.
Is that some form of colloquialism of your area? Care to enlighten us what it means?
man, the u/c was squealing so bad on my 63 today i had to run my ipod at max to drown it out.
A 63? pfft...... did it still have the training wheels and the pink flower on the dash? Around here only the girls run 63's. As for the gas sniffers comment, over in labrador a couple years back they had some kids huffin gas fumes.... and yes I mean gasoline.