Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Some Cat dozers at work in England

Nick Drew ยท 2007-05-27 13:21

Just to keep the Cat fans happy here are some shot of Cat dozer doing the business here in England

Replies18
  1. #1garyhh442007-05-27 13:51

    More cat picks. Green is nice but you got to love them cats. You all have a nice day.:usa

  2. #2Nick Drew2007-05-27 13:58

    Sorry Gary, I am missing something here What do you mean when you say green is nice etc????? Please forgive me I'm only an Englishman:lmao :lmao :lmao :crazy :crazy :falldownlaugh :falldownlaugh

  3. #3RollOver Pete2007-05-27 14:47

    Is the A/C broken? :cool2

  4. #4Nick Drew2007-05-27 14:52

    A/C Are you kidding !!! We are lucky to get such luxurys here in the UK :lmao :lmao Although Global Warming is making a good case for it!! Seriously though I think the D4H didn't have any aircon not sure about the D6's

  5. #5garyhh442007-05-27 15:03

    Nick The Green, as in John Deere.:notworthy You all have a nice day.

  6. #6Nick Drew2007-05-27 15:07

    Oh right now I understand ....Green as in the Agricultural tractors Ha ha "Silly Me" :lmao :lmao

  7. #7rino14942007-05-27 21:54

    Man, you have some nice material in England. We have so many rocks in my area that it will make some blademen puke.

  8. #8Wulf2007-05-27 22:33

    I don't think Deere have any representation in the UK do they Nick? Can you even buy a new Deere dozer or excavator over there?

  9. #9Nick Drew2007-05-28 05:12

    Hi Wulf, No there is not any representation of Deere construction products here in the UK, although the agricultural tractor range is very popular. Thats too bad because from what I have seen of Deere construction kit it looks pretty good, Having said that we do have a strong Hitachi excavator presance here and I think im right in thinking that the Deere excavators are just badged Hitachis aren't they?? Nick.

  10. #10biggixxerjim2007-05-28 10:24

    True that.

  11. #11Richardjw~2007-05-29 17:13

    Hiya Nick, Absolutely top photos there! Are you going to Royal Cornwall Show this year?

  12. #12Countryboy2007-05-30 19:24

    Welcome to HEF Richardjw~! :drinkup

  13. #13Wulf2007-05-30 20:00

    Deere and Hitachi excavators have a lot of commonality in hyd and vehicle systems (Hitachi engineered) but I'm not sure whether they are using Deere or Isuzu engines in their respective products? I could be wrong but I think the small dozers are exclusively Deere and the larger ones are badge-engineered Liebherrs. Their loaders are their own and they don't have a partnership (once again as far as I know). It's probably a strength of Deere construction equipment that they are not really a global company like Cat, Komatsu and others and they concentrate on the markets where they are strongest even though they do have a nice line of products that would fare well anywhere.

  14. #14RonG2007-05-31 05:53

    The Deere and Hitachi excavators might be both built by Hitachi but I think that there are quite a few differences as they are brought to market as their respective brands. I have run Hitachies with what I would call "bling" that I don't think the Deere folks would overlook on their line of machines.Of course I have not run every model of each machine but those are my observations of the ones I have encountered. I think Deere uses their own engines for one thing on their excavators. I have seen in the used equipment websites an exact copy of the John Deere dozer which was marketed by Hyundai which leads me to suspect that maybe Hyundai produces the dozers for Deere from the 650 on down.The dozer was identical in every way except the name on it. It is worth noting that Hyundai does not market a dozer in the USA as far as I know and it is common knowledge that Liebherr builds their larger dozers. I really don't know about the loaders,I think Bell builds the lizard trucks for them.Ron G

  15. #15Richardjw~2007-06-07 16:46

    Nick, was at the Royal Cornwall today, got held up in traffic around Dobwalls, there's some hellish big gear working on that project - any amount of dumpers as well. Here's some photos of the show - self-explanatory, really.

  16. #16Nick Drew2007-06-07 17:01

    Hi Rich, Nice day for the show, and great photos. I had Luke Furse on the phone to me last week wanting me to go on a 20tonner down at Dobwalls, but I have recently set up business on my own, Nick Drew Operator Services, there seems such a shortage of good operators at the moment just thought I would set up on my own supplying operators, well thats the long term plan.....At the moment its just me!! Ps...I used to operate a Cat 312B for that M J Troup guy who had the 301 at the show.

  17. #17Hjolli2007-06-12 18:56

    Aircon The black thing protruding from the rear of the D6 cab is the aircon. Yes, even in Iceland aircons seem to be the standard nowadays on new machines. I guess the same thing is true in the UK. Hjolli

  18. #18Deas Plant2007-06-16 07:51

    JD engines. Hi, RonG. Out of curiosity, I checked the JD track loader page. The 655C and 755C loaders use Liebherr engines while the 'baby' of the range uses a JD engine. JD went into Germany back in the 1950's when it bought into Lanz. Seems they like German engineering. Has anybody here had any experience of the Liebherr-engined JD track loaders, especially the 655C? I'd be interested in any observations about performance, reliability, maintenance, handling, operator conditions, etc.. The company I currently work for is running Cat 943's and 953's. Since Cat is no longer building 943's, they are slowly upgrading to 953's and the 655C is in the same size range. I was going to say 'class' but I'm not sure that any other track loader is the same class as the 953, especially the 'B' series, although I have not yet run a 953D.