Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

some good ol tdt14’s at bethlem steel

hoeman600 · 2008-05-18 17:24

:drinkuplil somthin 9420 and i found i have more

Replies40
  1. #1Buckethead2008-05-18 18:12

    They look like Morrisey's machines.

  2. #29420pullpan2008-05-18 19:23

    that is affirmative

  3. #3AtlasRob2008-05-19 14:35

    Doh! Please enlighten the unenlightened tdt14 ? suggests Gen Motors / terex to me? What were they used for ?

  4. #4ben46a2008-05-19 14:39

    TS-14s maybe? Or is the D for dumper as opposed to S for scraper?

  5. #5WabcoMan2008-05-19 16:41

    Nope, Euclid/Terex used an unusual alpha-numeric numbering system to identify their stuff. For an example, a TS-14 might be listed as a type 13UOT-61SH Broken down this means: Model: 13 Fifteen Ton axle: U Overhung (single axle tractor): O Tractor: T Model: 61 Scraper: S Hydraulic: H The machines shown in the photos are probably model LDT's, not TDT's or FDT's

  6. #6stretch2008-05-20 15:19

    Are these still running? Noticed the buckets to keep water out of the stacks.

  7. #7euclid2008-05-21 08:03

    great shots you got. If you ever make it by there again see if you can salvage a few cab and gauge shots. :usa

  8. #8hoeman6002008-05-21 12:31

    will do eucey:salute:thumbsup

  9. #9euclid2008-05-21 13:01

    I regret not getting pictures of more detail of the uke I ran years ago, I guess I took it for granted and as I see now nothing is for granted. I’ve got a decent memory but that doesn’t really help when I‘m trying to recall some detailed things.

  10. #10AtlasRob2008-05-21 15:07

    :Banghead now I am really confused. For an example, a TS-14 might be listed as a type 13UOT-61SH This would be a serial number ? But to us mere mortals a TS14 = Terex Scraper 14 yd? So what is in the pics :beatsme Terex/Euclid L ? D dump T trailer. :beatsme are they GM ? And what were they used for ?

  11. #11Bellboy2008-07-31 11:38

    What are they used for? Never seen one in my life. Could you get some cab pics though?

  12. #12stretch2008-07-31 11:57

    They're off-road bottom-dump trucks...although they have quite a few years on them this contractor (Morrissey) apparently has quite a large fleet of the older Euc's and Terex's.

  13. #13Bellboy2008-07-31 13:46

    Oh I see. Can they replace scrapers when it comes to spreading material?

  14. #14surfer-joe2008-08-01 00:02

    Morrissey ued these machines extensively on the Route 22 bypass from Hellertown to Easton back around 1987. Green Construction had a section at Hellertown and the last stretch at Easton, Morrissey had the other pieces. They loaded those Eucs with Cat 983 and big Komatsu track loaders. They also had a small herd of mechanics following them around repairing them as they were broke down everywhere. Reminded me of a Johnson Brothers road job in Wyoming many years ago except the Johnson boys had TS-32 scrapers instead of bellydumps. There was one broke down every hundred feet. Too many hard hours on the job, not enough good maintenance. There are three of those old model Eucs at a Cemex (used to be Rinker) sand and gravel operation near Scottsdale, Arizona running every day right off the Bee Line highway.

  15. #15EUC-B302008-08-01 09:41

    LDT's I agree, they appear to be LDT's

  16. #16stretch2008-08-02 10:28

    Yep...you could also put "rockers" (simliar to a regular dump truck) on them, I know Merritt-Chapman & Scott had a bunch.

  17. #17Sharky2008-08-10 13:11

    They look similar to the B 70's that were used in the 70's on the pipeline and still in use today. 70 ton belly dumps. I took this pic this past winter. My buddy drove these for years and says they beat the living #$%# out of you.

  18. #18Renfroe Grading2008-08-12 19:25

    TS-14= Twin Scraper 14 yds S-18= single engine 18 yds

  19. #19EUC-B302008-08-18 22:22

    Sharky - Your pictures are of 203-LDT's - I think the other pictures of the trucks at James Morrisey are much earlier 34-LDT's or 49-LDT's ( I'm not sure )

  20. #20JDOFMEMI2008-08-18 23:58

    Euc How about a brief tutorial on Euc model and serial numbers for the less informed. I have the book, but don't know where it is at the moment, or I would give one. Model numbers are easy, and go something like this: S is for scraper, number is bowl capacity in struck yards, like S-14, S-24 TS is for Twin power Scraper, numbered as above , like TS-14, TS-24 Add an E to the end for Elevating scraper, like an S-23E C is for crawler, such as C-6 TC is for Twin power Crawler, such as TC-12 B is for Bottom dump, number for load rating in Tons, like B-30, B-70, B-110 R is for Rear dump, like R-30, R-50 The serial numbers represent a whole lot more, like the type of power (diesel or gas), whether it is overhung (like a scraper, no front axle), or conventional (like a tractor with a front axle), The load rating, and many more I can't remember, like Wabco posted above. Maybe this will help some of the confusion.

  21. #21Dug Overburden2008-11-12 01:28

    Euclid/Terex serial numbers Jerry, Euclid & terex used consecutive serial numbers,used after the model number, such as 49LDT-52SH 51789 , can look up year of manufacture very easy. Another example is the engineering number & the sales model number, such as a TS32 the engineering number 47LOT-80SH, the sales number is the TS32 I learned this from the book by Eric Orlemann called Euclid & Terex earth-moving machines published by MBI in 1997,not sure if it is print,but this is a must read for anyone who enjoys "Green Iron" BTW does anyone know what a 49LDT-52SH is? Lets test the EUC men

  22. #22WabcoMan2008-11-12 02:44

    Hi Dug, From memory the 49LDT-5 3 SH was known as an SS-28, a 3-axle motor scraper

  23. #23cat345bl2008-11-12 15:16

    thanks for taking the pictures they are awsome.I always wanted to see pictures of these equipment.Did you get picture of the 10 quarry dump trucks they had sitting there too.If you go back to there yard they have 3 cat 630,660,or 666 with bottom dumps.GLad to see someone else taking pictures of James d morrissey.ANYone else got pictures of there equipment.

  24. #24hoeman6002008-11-12 18:39

    ya meen dezz babys

  25. #25hoeman6002008-11-12 18:43

    of course I've got picts. is a duck's poop slipery

  26. #26cat345bl2008-11-12 18:51

    Thanks hoeman

  27. #27euclid2008-11-13 06:12

    Hoeman, In Pa? where 'bouts? I reckon all that iron is cold and put out ot pasture? Or do they use it on certain jobs? Were you able to look inside those Ukes? Were they automatics? I saw some old autocars along with those ukes. Nice shots of days gone by. :usa

  28. #28stretch2008-11-13 13:02

    As far as I know, they're kept in running condition. Their website has more than one shot of them Euc's getting attention in their garage. :usa I would imagine parts are getting hard to find though.

  29. #29euclid2008-11-13 13:10

    What site would that be? I'd be intereted in checking that out. Thanks

  30. #30cat345bl2008-11-13 15:04

    heres there site,There website dosent really show how large there company is .They have around 200 peices of equipment including about 50 scrapers and belly dumps http://www.jdm-inc.com/

  31. #31ts-24 frank2009-08-27 18:50

    hoeman600, these are great shots, morrissey has 2 or 3 of these in not as good shape in there quarry on rt 611 in warminister, i have shots of them as well as many shots of ts-24s and cat 657s and some other pieces i started a video collection this yr. i came to the conclusion a little to late to start to shoot everything i see. i used to live in the northeast philly area not far from thomas durkins yard and rassed these ts-24s a thousand times during work and never thought to take any pictures, untill i ran it to one of there lowboy drivers and he told me they had shiped them out to an auction in va a few yrs ago and they are all gone. boy did i kick myself in the ass for waking up too late, they are gone for ever and i blue it but good. now i am trying to shoot as much as i can. if i can figure out how to post these pix i will send. it is great seeing you guys talk about something in my area. i am a big morrissey and durkin fan since i was a kid--late 50s now, man do i miss that old equipment and the memories watching them brings back. thanks for sharing guys. ts-24 frank

  32. #32dpull2009-08-27 21:49

    Surfer-Joe Was wondering if you were still around as I haven't seen any posts from you for awhile. Glad to see your name on here again. dpull

  33. #33ts-24 frank2009-08-30 01:23

    more info hay guys; any more info on where morrissey's yard that has those scrapers in is at, i would like to shoot them. does anyone know anything about R.E PEARSON out of i beleave south jersey i heard they have scrapers to or SAMBO out of toms river they have some atv's and i think some cat-627's. i have more pictures of ts-24's i think a cat-657 and a few cat bottom dumps from morrissey's yard in philly.can someone explain how to put pictures on hear. ts-24 frank:usa

  34. #34willie592009-08-30 01:37

    Click on the FAQ tab at top of page. Click on reading and posting messages. Click on Attachments and Images. This will describe how to post pictures.

  35. #35cat345bl2009-08-31 17:27

    Morrissey has 3 cat 630b's or d's at their yard, 2 cat 637's push pull I thought they were, 4 or 5 terex ts 24 push-pull, 2 td-14, 1 euclid water wagon, 5 terex ts-14 scrapers, 1 JD belt scraper, 4 euclid blaveayors. He also has 5 terex scrapers in Snydersville sandpit. I think the maintenance facility is at their Moscow quarry location. Lets see some pictures of some morrissey machines. I also have a photo collection. Only Job that I know R.E. Pearson has is the south street bridge demolition project in philly

  36. #36ts-24 frank2009-09-03 15:59

    i have about 5 pix of morrissey equip to show but no success in figuring out how to post. tried to use the instructions but not understanding yet, try later. ts-24 frank

  37. #37dirt digger2009-09-03 16:28

    I wonder if Morriseey will have those "gems" on the rt.202 job they took from us haha

  38. #38ts-24 frank2009-09-03 17:15

    dirt digger; does morrissey have more work comming up or anyone else that would use this type of equip. ts-24 frank

  39. #39cat345bl2009-09-03 17:58

    First of all we should create our own topics in genreal indusrty topics, we can talk of all we want of morrissey. No one around here has work I think that would use scrapers. No scrapers left their yard as of yesterday. Morrissey does have work because they rebuilt and repainted an american crane. They did buy a new Hitachi ZX 225USR I seen their truck hauling it back to Philly TO post pictures, when you post a reply click on the paper clip icon above the reply text box. Then an upload box window comes up, browse for files on your computer then click on upload button. Then on the top it would say uploading files, when it is done loading, Then you will see on the window the attachments, close the box. When you are the post reply part click on the paper clip and you will see the name of the file you uploaded click on that. hope that helps :drinkup

  40. #40Miningpower2009-12-31 09:55

    Those are most definitely Euc 49LTD's, 63 ton bottom dumps. The 34LTD and 49LTD were practically identical except for a few features which told the few apart.