Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Some guys have completely lost their minds.

Shimmy1 ยท 2023-04-27 20:58

I need to shine up our of D7G, get the a/c working, and enjoy retirement lol. Figure ours should be worth at least $80k with a cab and CCU on the back. Is even throw in the 435 scraper for free.

Replies14
  1. #1Pops522023-04-27 21:02

    Those were my favorite tractor to load n haul!

  2. #2crane operator2023-04-27 21:35

    Yeah- I'm sure its only had 4,300 hours since 1979.....

  3. #3Birken Vogt2023-04-27 21:37

    I suppose it is possible if it is a farm machine. Not out working all day every day.

  4. #4Jimbo2023-04-27 21:44

    No computers or emissions on it.........

  5. #51693TA2023-04-27 21:51

    I can see that tractor bringing that easily if proven maintained well. The 3306 engine was very reliable from my limited experience. My Allis has under 4800hrs and is a 1975 build spending a lot of time as a scraper pusher.

  6. #6Acoals2023-04-27 21:54

    Maybe that guy who was on here with a D8H that smoked the tranny bought it . . .

  7. #7Shimmy12023-04-27 22:26

    If he did, he's going to be disappointed lol.

  8. #8Mcrafty12023-04-28 05:08

    A new 4wheel drive pickup is $80,000 so that explains a lot of whats happened to equipment prices, We aren't that far from a case of toilet paper costing a wheel barrow full of money.

  9. #9ianjoub2023-04-28 09:09

    Just skip the middle man. You will never poke your fingers through a $100 bill like you can with Charmin Ultra Soft.

  10. #10CM19952023-04-28 09:31

    Agree. If that tractor is in decent shape I could easily see it being worth $60K. A new 10K lb CTL will is pushing $80K depending on options. Used iron prices are crazy. I could get more for our '21 D3 now than what we paid for it with 500 hours on the clock. No doubt. I was skimming through the new truck ads online and a 22 350 XL CC 4x4 6.7 plain jane work truck is $70K plus. The only amenities being A/C, power windows and door locks. A '23 350 6.7 Platinum is $100K + depending on the options...

  11. #11Acoals2023-04-28 10:35

    Just for giggles, what was that tractor sold for new?

  12. #12epirbalex2023-04-28 17:00

    Blade has had a bit of damage for 4000 hours . Hi tec aversion is driving prices .

  13. #13Mcrafty12023-04-28 17:47

    I bet it wasn't far from what it just sold for.

  14. #14Mcrafty12023-04-28 17:48

    Oh I didn't say I was going to buy it, but that will be what it costs if anyone does.