my work
Beauty of a digger.... will she run those tracks with standard drive motors?
thanks jam!well we had a dash 1 ex120 before da zaxis on 5ft pads for 7yrs an motors never gave us any bother,that machine was bought new in 08 an very happy with it!
They are a really well finished machine looks class... Is it contract work mostly or your own?
strange lookin bucket on that big unit there
DifcoDriver that Hitachi looks a Beautiful conversion:thumbsup I can't quite see close enough, but I assume the turret is not cut into like the 20 tonners that appeared in earthmovers. Love Zaxis Hitachi's and miss the 160 i had last year. You will find a thread called LGP excavators on here with plenty of your sort of gear and hopefully Sean will spring up and show you some of his. warmest welcome Eddie
cheers eddie da turret isnt cut,we usta ave a dash 1 ex100 yrs ago wit it cut and its spoils da machine,il try take some pics up closer for ya ta explain how its done!
That is pretty cool. What is the psi of that machine?
I was wondering if you ever raked your shins on those tracks getting on or off?
i actually dont kno the psi of it stuvecorp but it will go where ya wouldnt be able to walk.machine its hard enough to get up on it alrite especially on a monday morn!
That's some really neat equipment difcodriver.
Hey difcodriver, I'm curious about the process and what ya'll are making. The difco machine seems to making peat bricks. Once the bricks are laid down on the grass, what else is the process to get them to market? Interesting pics of a process I know nothing about.
I noticed that as well CM. It appears they load the tub, and the machine forms the bricks and lays them on the grass to dry, maybe? Another thing I noticed is the first pic, it's laying the bricks directly behind a track. In the last pic, the chute is off the side of the track laying the bricks. Interesting machine. I'm like you, know nothing about the process. I assume the peat bricks are fuel for burning, maybe?
The machine laying directly behind the track and the machine laying off to the side are two diff machines.
LoL, I just noticed that gatorguy, they have two machines there. :tong
ATCO I was wondering if the peat bricks are like what my wife got in a Christmas present this year (no not from me ). It was a shelf herb garden that had peat "hockey pucks" that you added water to and they swelled 2-3 times their size.
That's interesting CM. I know that stuff has many uses. Maybe our Irish buds will tip some info to us. Speakin' of Irish, reckon why Stock ain't posted something here. Hmm.
You're right guys, the "peat tiles" are indeed for burning, a very old tradition in Ireland, in days gone by that work was done by hand in still is in some areas, I used to hate it as a kid cause once you hit 7 or 8 years of age you had to go help harvest the turf on the bog...
thanks guys!ya we are turf harvesting in these pics,we fill da hopper with peat then through augers it forces da peat out through chutes,da turf is turned over mostly by hand or machine and left there to dry,after 2 or 3 months is lifted of the bog and brought home to heat the house!