Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Some more pictures from Wuskwatim

laurent o.e.987 ยท 2010-04-17 22:15

Hey guys just a few pics, I had my rigger and a couple of masons in a man basket they took a few shots for me so here they are....

Replies6
  1. #1liebherr11602010-04-18 16:26

    Geez that looks like a sweet gig..Cash for life man! I will admit ..of all the lifts I make, its the ones with men in a basket I hate the most ..Out right hate it .. I feel better with 5 mill on the hook at the end of my chart.. Nice Manitowoc ya got under yer feet ..

  2. #2laurent o.e.9872010-04-18 18:50

    I agree totally liebherr...Basket work is tough...I would rather be hoisting...The job here is good...The crane is excellent...She has a C-9 Caterpillar [email protected] is a 99 but was all rebuilt for this job...Sweet bro...Sweet...I'll try to send some more pics.. Had a carpenter taking pictures today...Send a few later...Their are four dams to build up here... My boss figures 10-15 years of work for us, Wuskwatim is the baby of the four..I just did a year in Feb...And of course everything usually takes a little longer than estimated... With any luck I wont ever taxi a rental again...In 15 years I'll be 50 so...That sounds good to me...

  3. #3liebherr11602010-04-18 19:00

    Ive got another 12 to 50..Taxi crane is really beginning to rub me..almost to the point I dont want to get up in the morning.. Sweet gig ..sweet crane ..great guys and an endless flow of coffee ..what more can an op ask for..

  4. #4laurent o.e.9872010-04-18 21:00

    pics con't Me and my buddy Steve stood up a piece of shoring today...

  5. #5liebherr11602010-04-18 21:46

    Thats just shoring ..much larger project than any in my resume i might say..Biggest i was ever on was a 880megawatt Co-Gen three gas turbines in total .. Wouldnt mind spending 9mths where you are right now ..

  6. #6laurent o.e.9872010-04-18 22:57

    pics con't The shoring goes in between the piers.(pic 1)...They support the pouring of the lentil, the angle braces will be in the concrete (to the top)...that will make a roadway right across the dam..The millwrights prep the first turbine...My D8 support crew when I walk out of the intake...A beautiful Wuskwatim sunrise...We are making progress...This pic was taken in May of last year...