our b model mack cat d47u and fowler vf
and more cat d24u and 2 track marshall 55
Grate pics i love seeing old dozers
you got some neat stuff there, more pictures please and more on that huge single stacker cats too. thansk KoO Published Author
There is nothing better than old iron.
video of our fowler and d4 http://
Parsons Wheel Trencher Here's a picture of one of our old Parsons Wheel Trencher without the wheel on it.
and one more going to buy this one today david brown td 30
Hi KoO, A couple more photos of the fowlerVf.Going by how cold it is here, i guess the great white north isn't so white now.ian
cool pictures!:notworthy
Have you seen one of these before? Here's the first dozer I ever operated. It's a Fiat of approx 50hp. I dare say very rare and unusual as you can see by one of the pics. Yes it uses a steering wheel to steer! By the application of much arm muscle, turning the wheel one way would disengage one track so you could apply a a similarly large amount of muscle via your leg on the steering brake to turn. None of those girly, fingertip, power assisted, electro/pilot, hydraulic controls here. This was real he man controls, as direct to the bowels of the machine as possible. It did have a hydraulic blade which I grant was pretty easy to move instead of a rough old cable operation. However raising or lowering the blade would take some time, long enough for a quick sandwich... well almost. It was slow by todays standards. And the transmission had no forward/reverse lever. Just a short gearstick between your legs which felt like it was moving through cold molasses. And a long hand clutch lever. Oh and to start it you used a bit of rope on the pilot motor which when it sputtered into life you used a series of levers to start the main diesel motor. Operating a dozer like this would make you real fit. It was better than a gym with all the work and contortion you had to do. The dozer is in a shed so the photos were hard to take but I think you can see what it's like. My dad owns it and he's interested in selling it. It's down in north east Victoria, Australia. It still runs fine, uses a bit of oil but everything works. All metalwork is straight and original. Call me or 0411 572 725 if you are interested or send me a personal message. Regards AusDave
Wow a pony motor hadn't heard that one in a while! You are correct about being fit, reckon we've gotten kind of soft compared to the ones who ran and operated old iron before us.
fiat hi ausdave have seen a few of them. looked at buying this one on ebay but to slow one of them run other was parts
Hi Ausdave ,i see your on line .How much is your dad chasing for the old fiat . ian.
Old Fiat Hi Ian. I'm not sure exactly how much he is after for it. You can give him a call on 02 6071 2416 and he can tell you himself and answer any questions. He's a mechanic so he can answer just about anything specific about the old Fiat. If you would like him to contact you let me know your number and the best time to call. Let me know if I can help further, regards AusDave ph: 0411 572 725
Hi Ausdave , What are you doing up at this time of night any way . What do you do to make an honest dollar .ian.
Hi Ian. I should ask you the same question! One of my businesses is IT sales and service. Late at night is the ideal time to do the service side of things at home where there are no distractions and, after midnight, very few phone calls. Replacing parts inside laptop computers requires good hand & eye coordination and no interruptions. Other business activities are holiday accommodation in some holiday houses we own. My partner Christine handles the running of a lot of that business but I do most of the repairs and maintenance. Over summer I sell kitesurfing and windsurf gear as well as some repairs on both these items. I also do quite a bit of kitesurfing and windsurfing myself as well as basic kitesurf instruction. Final business is the heavy equipment side of things. Years ago I used to run an earthmoving business with a couple of dozers after I had worked for NSW Soil Conservation as a dozer operator and then foreman. The dozers I had then were Fiats but not as old as the one my old man has. I subsequently have run a number of businesses in a variety of fields, all of which I started myself and were all quite successful. I get bored doing the same thing for too long. Currently I have a JCB 1CX, a small tipper and a portable concrete-rock crushing plant which I built myself. See the photos below. I've only got back into the heavy equipment over the last 2 years. Not because it makes a lot of money, (which it doesn't compared to a lot of other businesses), but because I like the machinery and operating it. Due the the small scale of my equipment and my location on the NSW South Coast, I mainly work on house block scale jobs which my equipment is a good fit for. My biggest problem is time. I am too interested in way too many things which then occupy my time night and day. Because of my diversity of activities, when the economy goes a bit flat there's always one of my businesses which is keeping me busy. In fact in the last month the IT side of my business has broken all previous records for monthly turnover. I think a combination of Govt handouts, tax concessions and the end of the financial year combined to make June a big month. Of course being busy attracts more business so I've had a few earthmoving jobs as well lately between the rain. Don't know how people can get bored. So what do you do day and night? Regards AusDave
Hi dave , you are a busy boy . I have a earthmoving bussiness with my son lots of machines but only two backsides in the seats .last couple of months up here things have just ground to a stop . Worse than the first couple of months after GST came in. I do remember seeing your 1cx thread but it didn't click till i saw the photos again , Apart from your dads ,and the two on ebay, the only fiat i can remember seeing With a steering wheel was sitting Up against the front fence of a wrecking yard on the southside of brisbane 40?years ago . anyway ,i'll get to bed before its time to get up again .ian.
more new toys oliver ad and oc6
d4 here is d4 7j we found in the bush
Do you start that fowler with a shot gun shell
Its definitely different.
Hi Alleyoop, Yes you can start it with a shotgun cartridge ,but minus the buckshot and with a special gunpowder mix .Ours has a valve missing so we can't start it that way .Gotta wind it over with a BIG crankhandle instead. It is 40 HP 2 stroke diesel at 750 RPM.If you look on you tube there is videos of fowler VF or fieldmarshall tractors which was the wheeled version.. ian.
I have seen them before very nice,and nice sound too.
Hi Alleyoop, Did any find their way to the US?On the david brown forum ,they said that 80% of english machines where exported. We have a david brown 30TD crawler ,one of 700 built .the fowler VF and the next model VFA,there was about 5000 built .Our fowler was built in the first year of production .They are an amazing tractor .It will push dirt up hill with it comming over the top of the blade in 2nd gear and just keep chugging on . ian.
The original movie flight of the pheonix With James Stewart as the pilot using shot gun cartriges to start the massive rotary engines.As well as a few old dust bowl movies with farm machinery starting that way.
That's one of the best movies ever made.
Yes there are a few i have seen some at some shows here in the north west alley
Hi Alleyoop ,Do you have any machines of your own ,or haven't you been infected by the collecting bug yet? ian.
I dont have any thing at this time ,they come and go .To old any more i just restor for other people and musems keeps me busy
Wisconsin SU 4x5 Well alleyoop if you come accross a 1920's cletrac,hart parr,oliver and a few others with a good wisconsin SU 4x5 engine .I need one for my firetruck restoration
engine and truck Here is our project That is not me in picture that is my friend Gary he owns the project I am just the helper.
Trukodyte I will keep my eye out for your eng. and parts i have a frend that has some olivers and have another frend that has some cletracs do you need the windshild post to . Igave all my fire truck stuff to a frend so he could finnish his 1929 modle a fire truck.i still have a pireen ex.that is still full it is brass. alley
Thank you very much.I will email you directly thru group with my email ,thanks again
Thanks for the cool pictures!
Hi Guys ,Photos of our latest tractor .A cat D68U ,1948 model .Ian.
Couple more new adittions , Cat R4 . Fitted vwith a D46U diesel motor but come with the original gas motor . Ian .
Hi Ianoz, just curious as to the machines in the background in the pic of the Mack truck? The one with the ripper looks to be TD 25 / Cat D8 size the othe r thing the rh track looks to be on backward on the D6 8u. Cheers RDG.
Hi RDG, Can't help much with info on the dozer .Bought the mack through ebay and did not look at it, or pick it up. He did have an allis chalmers HD16For sale on ebay .I think he may have told me he had a cat D7 as well . And yes i know the D6 tracks on back to front {Thats the way it was when we bought it:beatsme},Wonder TC has not got up me about it too . Might be some peoples idea of turning the pins and bushes :tong :Banghead, but not ours . Ian .
hm seems shes modeled after cats or then again i dont know much in the lines of equipment from any were but the usa and more spicificly cats
i meen the fiat
I know this post is old, but I am looking for parts or a whole motor Wisconsin model SU 4x5. If anyone knows where I can locate one or find parts please let me know. Thanks Richie 607-725-3639
I may know where there is two parts engines.I will post in about a week .
If you find anything feel free to call me. Im not on the computer all the time. Let me know. Thanks Richie 607-725-3639
Did you ever come up with any Wisconsin engines? Please call me. Let me know. Thanks Richie
Hows it coming find out about the parts engines? Richie