I have never seen these before.I thought they may have been Clarks but one had Wabco 20yd stickered on the pan.Crappy cell phone pics as I was driving down the road.
Clark and Caterpillar each made their own respective versions of these tractors for the Govt.Pretty sure they were made for/during the Vietnam war.There are threads about them on here.Just look.
Cool pics, a very interesting looking machine. Thanks for sharing. Wagner had a similar type but smaller did they not? They may have been hooked up with an elevating scraper.
These appear to be Clark 290M's... Cat's model was the 830M or MB. MRS (Mississippi Road Service) also had units similar in appearance and would convert various make scrapers to go with their tractors as well. Clark and Cat had military contracts to manufacture the tractor units, and pulled scrapers made by Wabco, Curtiss-Wright and one other brand, the name of which escapes me at the moment. Nice find!
http://photostp.free.fr/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=7476 Some of these posted here.. and lots of other neat stuff. Enjoy! Alan
No doubt these are nice and cool pics. thanks for sharing