Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Some pics from this winter

Tacodriver ยท 2007-06-03 11:54

Driving up hwy 93n between Lake Louise and Jasper to a job at Bow lake. Up there demoed a old Parks Canada wash room for a landscaping contractor and loading it into his truck 72 Kenworth pulling a 3 axle wagon I didn't get any pictures of the actual demo. But here is everything packed up at the end of my job headed on to home. The scenery is stunning up there and I feel lucky to get to work up there once and while.

Replies17
  1. #1wrenchbender2007-06-03 12:42

    The scenery is stunning up there and I feel lucky to get to work up there once and while. That it is, thanks for sharring.

  2. #2jimmyjack2007-06-03 14:00

    nice pics , you any more of that kw

  3. #3garyhh442007-06-03 14:52

    Yess very good picks Thank you :usa you all have a nice day.

  4. #4Tacodriver2007-06-03 15:41

    No not yet his shop is right across the street so I just have to remember my camera. I can tell you some specs on the truck its got a 400 cat under the hood and he swapped in a 18 d/o tranny.

  5. #5djstorey2007-06-19 23:33

    Nice pics! Never been up there, might have to take a trip.

  6. #6Countryboy2007-06-19 23:38

    Welcome to HEF djstorey! :drinkup

  7. #7Lashlander2007-06-28 09:43

    Really nice pics!:thumbsup I grew up near highway 93 in Southern Idaho. In the summer its pretty much motor homes headed to Glacier National Park or a dozen others. There used to be a bumper sticker out that said "Pray for me, I drive 93" It had a certain amount of truth to it.

  8. #8plowking7402007-06-28 22:23

    lake louise here are a few more shots from working at Lake Louise the last few are from some extra work we picked up while there. Went up the back side of the mountain to another part of the ski resort and graded a narrow 'road' (if I straight bladed, the last foot of the blade was hanging over the edge and it was a long way to the bottom.) Your right Tacodriver, the scenery is incredable, something that being from the praires, I never got to see. had a blast working there.

  9. #9Lashlander2007-06-28 23:15

    Good photos!:thumbsup That is beautiful country.

  10. #10Tacodriver2007-06-28 23:53

    I know what your talking about I have to spend all summer dodging the rvs around here. The ones that scare me the most are the rental units, when they see an animal on the side of the road they lock em up and start taking pictures usually still in the middle of the driving lane. They all need smv signs on the back of the rv.

  11. #11Tacodriver2007-06-29 00:06

    Nice shots there plowking was that the road into temple lodge? Working on the side of a hill keeps things interesting for sure. This spring it was my job to blade the ice off the sunshine ski out with our 770 JD, good tire chains sure are nice A change of pace from using it to clear the parking lot all winter.

  12. #12Lashlander2007-06-29 00:08

    When I graduated high school my folks sold that ranch and bought a smaller one in Ronan Montana. Yup, 500 miles up Highway 93. You ought to try to get around this state in the summer time. I went up to Fairbanks a few years ago, I didn't know they had manufactured that many RVs. Let alone they were all here.

  13. #13Dwan Hall2007-06-29 19:07

    I also grew up around 93 in Kalispell. Lash rember the 7 highway troopers that use to pull everything over on 93? There only job was to try to curb the deaths on highway 93. And yes the senery along that highway anyware is great.

  14. #14Ford LT-90002007-06-30 00:21

    Thats a nice old A model Kenworth It looks a little too cold for me :laugh

  15. #15Lashlander2007-06-30 01:09

    I hauled thousands of cattle out of the sale yard in Kalispell. I used to love to go to Carl Wiesmans store out on the road to Libby. I used to like the fact that Montana puts up white crosses where there is a fatality. It really gets your attention. Also surprising how many people die on those narrow highways.

  16. #16Trapper2007-07-09 22:32

    Beautiful country! Best regards, Trapper

  17. #17EZ TRBO2007-09-19 05:30

    Thanks for the photos, nice machines and nice view to look at all day. Trbo