After looking at another thread on slopes I got motivated to scan these pictures and post them.
more pics The first pic here is looking back from the corner, the next two are on around the corner.
more pics Backfilling a fence. The last picture is an center shift extension that let me do those slopes setting on the flat.
That's good stuff. I've been wanting to see pictures like that for a while. Post more if you got them please! Thanks.
Nice old pics!
Here are some of a soil cement job.
And about 10 years after those jobs a pic of the blade I bought, and a pic a couple years later of hauling the scraper home I had bought. There was an alley between the grader and those old barns on the neighbor, barely had room to park the grader on my lot. That was a hired truck hauling the scraper for me. The D6C was my first machine. I sold it a couple years after moving back to Ks to work it and worked for others for 6 years before buying the blade.
Canal ? Hello ZHkent, Looks like a flood or storm drainage project . Is that shotcrete they are putting on ? Arizona ?? 1st time I seen a grader without a cab . Looks weird. Nice old JD Model A ?? Fence ?? Looks like a wall ! I know different ideas around the country . LOL
Looks like some skillful operating. It's hard to run a grader, not a lot of grader operators around anymore.
I'll second that, with all the technology these days, GPS, Lasers and what ever else they come up with, there are not many grader operators left at all. Alot will say they can do it but put them in the seat and they haven't a clue.
a lot of drivers but very few operators left
Kinda got carried away with scanning and posting pictures hey? That is a "B" John Deere 1951 model that Grandfather bought new. Dad always used it and a lister when he would plant corn. I heard the spray on concrete call gunnite, maybe the same as shotcrete? Yep that was in Tuscon Arizona and was flood control. There was a scraper hand that helped me with finishing that, did a really good job. Didn't see a picture of him though... Good scraper hand makes life a lot easier.
ZHKent wrote "There was a scraper hand that helped me with finishing that, did a really good job. Didn't see a picture of him though... Good scraper hand makes life a lot easier." A lot of guys (but no one who has run one), think that all you can do with a scraper is hog out a lot of dirt, and that's all you do and it's easy. A lot of people don't know what a good scraper operator can do.
Love the pics!
Enjoyed the great pics. A good scraper hand can almost eliminate the need for a finish blade man. Both are equally as hard to find these days. I know some Mennonite boys pulling double pans with ag tractors who can make you think a job was finished with a garden rake.
Awesome pics of working slopes.please add anymore u come across