Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Someone had to buy it….

Lil' Puss ยท 2025-08-18 23:54

..... might as well be me. 1979 JLG 886 Carry Deck Crane. I think JLG stopped making this model around 1981-2. Might be an oldie and goodie. Asking for the moon here, but need one 14.50 x 15 OTR tire and a () service manual. This is what Baskin Truck Sales call a good tire.

Replies15
  1. #1Welder Dave2025-08-19 18:32

    Good for nothing!

  2. #2mowingman2025-08-19 19:38

    Baskin? Oh my. That place has terrible reviews all over the internet. Thrives and scam artists it seems. Neat little rig . Hope you got a really good deal.

  3. #3Tyler d4c2025-08-19 19:47

    Call me a out cast but i wouldnt mind owning it!

  4. #4Lil' Puss2025-08-19 20:00

    Lol. You don't get out much, and it shows.

  5. #5Lil' Puss2025-08-19 20:03

    Thanks. I doubt they will settle out of court.

  6. #6CM19952025-08-19 20:41

    They sell obvious junk at cheap prices - not that hard to figure out. They always have late model trucks with a "salvage title" for sale that look great in the pictures. Hope the rest of the machine is in decent shape OP.

  7. #7TXRweather2025-08-19 20:56

    Eh, a little armor-all and that should buff right out......

  8. #8Lil' Puss2025-08-19 21:32

    Seems to be operable.

  9. #9JS4302025-08-19 21:35

    That thing is bad to the bone. How much does it weigh?

  10. #10crane operator2025-08-19 22:40

    14.50L-15/35x15-15 32PR Haulmax ZM722 TT 14.50L-15/35x15-15 32PR Haulmax ZM722 TT - HLMX-OTR-021861 otrusa.com Need to start scouting forklift or a mining tire guy, and try to find a used one. That said, I think that would be a handy little rig around the shop. If I remember right, when John L Grove, sold out of the Grove Crane company, he started JLG, but was only able to build cranes under like 15-18 ton. That's where the little JLG cranes got started. What's it got for a engine, and is it hydraulic drive from upstairs to downstairs through the swivel?

  11. #11Lil' Puss2025-08-20 00:06

    Around 16k

  12. #12Lil' Puss2025-08-20 00:18

    I found a couple of tires, not a good deal, but a deal. It's just single station, from the cab. Has a Deere four cylinder diesel, not sure of the HP/model yet, and it's hydrostatic/hydraulic all the way. Yep, upstairs to downstairs through the swivel, the whole cab and boom rotate, thinking it has a turntable like my excavator.

  13. #13Welder Dave2025-08-20 03:22

    I was referring to the tire. I'm not the one who don't get out much.

  14. #14Lil' Puss2025-08-20 04:43

    Apologies. My mind reading skills aren't what they used to be.

  15. #15Lil' Puss2025-10-06 21:10

    Still have a few kinks to work out before it's usable.