Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Something broken-Komatsu PC35mr-2

Dwight K · 2022-08-27 19:41

Hi everyone, I would appreciate some help. I have a recently purchased 2007 Komatsu PC35mr-2 excavator for making trails on our land. I have no prior experience with excavators. The track popped off yesterday. I googled it and was able to get the track back on no problem. Followed the instructions.... bled the grease, fixed the rubber track back in place and filled the grease again until the specified tension was set. Today track came off again (right side) both sprocket and idler.... went to fixed it and saw what looked like a rock pushing up against the idler but on 2nd look, it looks like a piece of broken metal Excuse my ignorence here... Can someone identify what piece this is and what I need to do to get it fixed. Thanks,

Replies12
  1. #1skyking12022-08-28 02:38

    It's a rock.

  2. #2uffex2022-08-28 03:47

    Good day With the track off pull the idler assembly from the frame it should look very similar to the attached. Kind regards Uffex

  3. #3Mike_272022-08-28 04:11

    Does a magnet stick to it? If a magnet sticks, i'm thinking it might be part of #13

  4. #4Dwight K2022-08-28 13:44

    Hi Mike, Thanks for this. Its definitely part #13 that is broken. Much appreciated.

  5. #5Dwight K2022-08-28 13:47

    Thanks Uffex. I'll check it out.

  6. #6Dwight K2022-08-28 13:53

    Hey Skyking- thanks for the response but its definitely metal

  7. #7Mike_272022-08-28 15:23

    I don't see why you can't just remove it. From the parts book, it looks like they removed after serial number 9242.

  8. #8Dwight K2022-08-28 19:38

    Hey Mike, So just remove the broken section of #13....if thats what it is? What IS that piece anyway? Im not understanding its use. Thanks

  9. #9Mike_272022-08-29 00:28

    If you pull the idler assembly, just remove the bolts labeled 14 in that diagram. I think it is meant to clean the idler wheel. Earlier diagrams call it a "Cover", later diagrams call it "Protection". This later diagram has a better illustration of it:

  10. #10Vetech632022-08-29 07:46

    It's a debris guard. It keeps rock and limbs from getting in between the sprocket and the yoke. You can run without it if you like, just check the area there every once in a while. You would be surprised at how much metal a stuck rock in there can remove from your idler.

  11. #11Dwight K2022-08-29 08:01

    Thanks!

  12. #12Dwight K2022-08-29 08:02

    Thanks!!